What can you really expect?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Feb 12, 2015 at 9:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have interview. What can you really expect to make first year?

I know there will probably be a bunch of smart ass remarks but anyone care to simply level with someone who is trying to make a good decision for their family?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's really weird you are using CafePharma to base a decision for a job supporting your family.

Is this your first medical sales job?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it's not. I know enough to realize that this board will paint the more negative picture available that exists everywhere.

Take this into consideration along with what my contacts on the customer end in my local market and the longevity of the current reps and their non-KCI background and you get a better pic than the rosey view painted by the recruiter.

Thanks.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been making 20-30k less than the manager gave as my target comp during the interview. 80k is accurate.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

only thing I can add is that there is at least a possibility of change in the future. Might not be very much but a few months ago there was no chance at all. Company may be moving a better position

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Up until last year, $130-$150 was reasonable. Last year and now, $60-$80 us sadly realistic. Great products, great customers, great patient impacts. Terrible senior leadership.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, everything is good except the quota structure?

No one makes quota anymore? That is odd. Somewhere, the bar has to swing a different direction. How can you cut average commission $50k?

What's the average? Surely everyone can't be making $80 total?

Also, what's car allowance and is there mileage on top of that?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the post acute side, average was $85-90. Top performers over $100, but average is $85

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some post acute reps were 100% but made less than 80k.

Car allowance depends on location ($300), gas reimbursement changes as well.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems you are hell bent on taking this opportunity. Once you come on board you will "surely" experience the pure frustration that is KCI...I mean Acelity.

To make money, you must hit the NPWT, but more importantly you have to sell Prevena and the other new products which have quotas out of this universe (see related post on CP).

$80. That is eight ZERO thousand. Ask yourself, if you can make that financial reality work for you. When I first started, I was naive enough to this I could sell and make $$ no matter what quota they hung on me. Well, I am here today to tell you that I completely underestimated the power of the quota number in my comp plan.

These posts are all very accurate, but if you keep looking through beer goggles...will, you know what kind of companionship you will end up with the morning after. Good luck.