Genadyne?

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, May 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone seeing these guys in their region? A DME is selling the pump and telling referal sources that their foam does not stick at all. Weird because one wound center had piece and it is the same as ours but puke green. Can they claim this legally? Anybody else know anything about them?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

POS pump. They are making false claims that their foam does not stick. they just "painted" their foam green. no way it does not stick

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ran into them at a wound center, also. There pumped look nice in a flyer my nurse showed me....what's the deal with there pump? areas they are competing?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on the contracts the payer has in your area. Many payers now can just pick a cheaper NPWT even though KCI was ordered. Insurance doesn't care about the name, but they do care about the mighty dollar so they go with the cheaper generic. That green foam has been out for like a decade now. Sometimes its packaged as park of a NPWT all in one "kit"that has gloves, skin prep, ruler, etc.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen and dealt with the Genadyne in the Acute, Sub-Acute, and home discharge industry and have nothing but excellent experiences. Yes there is Green foam and no I have never heard anyone say it does not leave pieces in the wound. Some players that have been in the market for a long time are scared because other equivalent options are now available and other companies are providing better customer service. I had one physician tell me if the Genadyne could do clinically what the other NPWT could do but with better customer service we could have all the business and this is a very common thing I hear. And with competition now in the rental market, facilities are realizing how they have been gouged for so many years!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

your DM must be so proud of you
    Get on your on board you tool

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Recovercare is picking up the Genadyne product for the LTACH market.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Foam is foam. Negative pressure is negative pressure. Their pump has all the alarms. What it does not have is white foam and the TRAC technology. Their canister holds 400cc KCI holds 300. Genadyne is smaller and weighs less and they are infinitely better to deal with. I was one of those laid off in July 2012. I am now out of NPWT but watch the industry from afar. Genadyne is going to kick KCI ass. KCI has the potential to keep and grow their business but arrogance and ignorance is killing the company. They have turned their back on Post-Acute where the majority of the money is (maybe not for long with healthcare reform). They are still not customer focused and are going in the wrong direction. They got rid of most of their best and the quality people left behind are jumping ship as fast as they can. It is the end of an era. Very sad.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI IS A DEAD COMPANY. ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE ARE LONG GONE.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right. Not only are they gone most of them got paid when they left. Now we are here, can't get out and the money is gone. We are so screwed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These guys are telling my hospital they are on MedAssets??? This POS could not possibly be on right?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it or not they could be right.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genadyne is an under staffed evil company. The product is good and better priced, but they are liars and treat their reps like shit.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former employee . I got a call from one of my former accounts from a wound care nurse states they switched to genadyne because service is better. I used to go there once a week and they only used kci. now they said in florida they have a 20 yo non nurse that they haven't seen in months.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't need to be a nurse to do the job. You nurses need to stop clinging to that. The new rep is probably completely overwhelmed by the job thanks to a bad training program and constantly changing sales initiatives.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

An you don't need a salesperson either - you bitter clinger salespeople need to understand that also.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear nurse - "let it go, let it go."

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear salesperson - "you'll be let go, you'll be let go."

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Genadyne ROCKS!!!! making $$$$$$ like never before, thanks to 'acelity' reps that never show up!!!!! Thanks for promoting underwhelming customer service!!!!!! You idiots never thought there was any competition. They will never admit that customers HATE KCI, acelity or whatever the name of the week is...... they used the product because their rep. WAS great and of course......LONG GONE LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True story. Customer Service has gone to hell in this crap company.