Lunesta going generic - - OUCH!

Discussion in 'Sunovion' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2011 at 9:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just had to pay $412 for 30 days of Lunesta. It's gone up nearly $200.00 in a couple of months!

I like my sleep but not luxury car payment kind of sleep. Hope it goes generic soon....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't fill the script. Buy a bottle of whiskey and sleep away

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When my wife was on Ambien she had real bad problems with sleep walking. It got so bad that one night she walked out onto the roof from our second-story window and fell off the roof! We've been on Lunesta since and love it. No comparison to Ambien.

Yet now our insurance provider is trying to push us back onto Ambien. They have no idea how much more it will cost them if she goes back on it and injures herself again. By all accounts there will be generic Lunesta in around 3 months. Can't wait. I'd rather pay the extra $$ for a few months rather than risk putting her in danger like that again.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Until Lunesta goes generic, here is my strategy to keep costs down. Join the Lunesta "Rest for less" program available on the Lunesta web site. Get a prescription from your doc for five Lunesta 3 mg pills, refillable as often as the doc will allow. Why only five pills? It's because the "Rest for less" coupon is good for $50 off each fill/refill, with a minimum copay of $15 each time. You want each refill to be about $65, then you get $50 off and your copay is the minimum of $15. If you have a pill splitter, you can split the 3 mg into two halves. You can even split them into quarters, which is 0.75 mg, pretty close to the dose recommended for senior citizens. With this strategy, you get five 3 mg. pills for $3 each, way below the current ridiculous price of about $10 each.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i picked up my medication Lunesta 3mg, today i saw the switch to generic YES!!! no more 400 doller lunesta.. After that i looked on the sheet said 391 WHAT!!!! this suppose to be cheaper! I have noticed a huge huge difference in the generic this crap sucks, im calling ny doctor up to tell them make sure you keep me on Lunesta brand name not this over price fake crap...Iv been a lunesta customer for 3 years

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The generic Lunesta isn't cheap because it's a branded generic...dollars still flowing to Sunovion thanks to TEVA. But don't worry, price will fall soon once non-branded generics take hold in a few months.

DSP forecasts loosing ~500 Million in 2014 because of generic... Bye bye revenue.

Same thing will happen to Latuda in 2018 which is just 4 years away...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, that is so insightful. I bet you have an MBA!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, there is nothing worse than "loosing" 500 million:). Yep, you're a smart one aren't you? The question on everyone's mind is; will you still be unemployed and trolling chat boards in 4 years?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like you are the troll chief, not me. I've been working for this company for almost 16 years so I pretty sure I will be employed for the next 4 years at Sunovion if I've kept my job through the numerous layoffs. My point is that Sunovion and DSP have serious revenue challenges that won't be fixed easily. I live and breath this company everyday day, and have done so for last 5400 days of my life.

So take your sarcasm somewhere else...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Riiggghtttt! Lunesta going off patent and "loosing" $400 mil is something none of us already knew about. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Good luck and you can keep the stool sample:)

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right, same thing happened when a product I sold prior to joining S went generic. Branded 'generic' for 6 months by Teva at a high price. Other generics soon flooded the market and the price dropped significantly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure about this? Can anyone confirm this information? This is unbelievable! I've never heard anything like this before. This changes everything!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it was a sole source generic for 6 months it would be true however it was not so the poster is wrong. 6 generic entrants. Price is around $1.75 for the generic. Generics suck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, if you don't confirm about medication then you don't need to take the medicine, many fake and scam website are available and they send you fake products. Don't try any new pharmacy without any recommendation from your family or anyone you knew.
    I use this http://goo.gl/nJMWJN pharmacy when i need my medication because its affordable and legit pharmacy for me.
    Here you can get different controlled pills

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With ambien I would get up in the middle of the night and go to Walmart. Crazy
    I would make tacos with cheese, bean, the work. And do all the laundry. Wash, dry, fold and put it all away. Go back to bed and remembered nothing. One time I thought someone broke into the house and stole all the dirty laundry. Lol

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Lunesta going generic - - OUCH! April 2016

Pediatric exclusivity expires April 10, 2016 - first generic will be April 11th.

From FDA Website

Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Equivalence Evaluations

FDA Orange Book
    -
    Patent and Exclusivity Search Results from query on Appl No 021476 Product 003 in the OB_Rx list.

Patent Data
    N021476 003 6444673*PED Aug 14, 2014
    Exclusivity Data
    Appl No Prod No Exclusivity Code Exclusivity Expiration
    N021476 003 M - 61 Oct 10, 2015
    N021476 003 PED Apr 10, 2016 ****************this is DDay*********

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can get you even better stuff out of the back of my trunk- stop by the parking lot after hours and I'll get you whatever you need

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Lunesta going generic - - OUCH! April 2016

hey dumbass- do you realize that we already gave away our rights to this product? Do you know how to read financial statements? What revenue are we expecting this year from Lunesta? Who is selling it? Friggin r*****

19. #60 Anonymous, Apr 21, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016 at 6:50 AM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah- it's called APTIOM. That's some good stuff, indeed.