What is our demise?

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How could we ever launch a product under the name Mallinckrodt? This company is so black-listed in all the hospitals that it only makes sense they are preparing to be purchased. The future doesn't look bright here for the hospital team. Is anyone else concerned?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will say I am sharing the same feelings as this post. Deciding right now if I should take an offer or not. For some reason, I feel this company will be sold.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What more do you need to know? This has been set up for a sale for some time.

No Sr management lives in St. Louis, buying companies to pad the market cap.....

If the tax loophole hadn't been closed down and Xartemis had been successful, they would already have made a deal. The ironic thing is that reps were let go over a poor launch. If they had been successful, they would have likely been let go by the acquiring company.

How's that for a kick in the jewels? Hope Hugh and Stacey enjoy their ill gotten gains.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the most intelligent post I have read on here. So seriously, what do you plan to do? Should everyone start looking?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew this F&cking place was going to be sold. Hugh and Trudeau will be walking with money coming out of their pockets with everyone else left to dry. So F&cking mad. Can I ever be with a decent damn company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm tired of looking for another job all the time instead of someone really wanting to invest in their people.

It's an obvious sale and it just sucks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Companies are sold at the desire of the shareholders - not the management. Where did you go to business school? Besides, if this company is sold you cash in your stock options and move on. Isn't that how to make money in this business rather than finding a cozy place to sit at home and wait for a paycheck to arrive every two weeks?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can say with certainty you did not attend business school. Thanks for trying to explain business to us. Companies are sold by a desire of the board to sell and or activist investors who own large blocks of stock. Clearly, there is more to it but it is pointless to elaborate as this is a senseless discussion. Idiots everywhere on cp.
    By the way, if you are looking for a company to invest it their people you are clearly in the wrong place. To be far MNK(since going public) has never, not once suggested or demonstrated they are anything but a two bit organization living off a pile of cash from old and established (core) businesses. Expanding their business into branded specialty pharma will test their abilities and as of now it is to early to appropriately measure their results. Clearly, from the sales force side they are perceived as a total failure.
    To answer the question above many of you will be gone by the end of the year as the company struggles to ramp up Ofirmev sales while justifying skyrocketing sales related expenses. Price increase.
    On a positive note I forecast VA and military hospitals to have tremendous revenue growth in 2016 with over a 100000% increase

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are almost right, except you act like Xartemis and Ofirmev are MNK's first foray into branded pharma. It's not. The branded division has existed at MNK since 2000 or 2001. They started off by buying other companies' products and grew the division slowly but surely.

This is why what has happened with this company has so deeply wounded the veterans of MNK. There are a few left, and a few of us watching CP after we were axed.

Why am I on the Cadence board? Because it is like watching a slow sad opera or movie, and I can't quit. I not only experienced the erosion of a great company in MNK, I am also watching the unraveling of Cadence.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hospital division will do just fine. That is where the future is and they need the talent. Must really that simple.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To a prior poster - so the Board (or activist investors) sells a company??? Huh, now that is some strong business acumen. Who does the Board represent - the shareholders idiot! Who are activist investors - shareholders idiot! It is not the management that wants to sell a company. These posts here are typical dribble from low level people who always think that management is evil and "out to sell the company". If the shareholders don't want to sell the company (or do want to sell the company), that is their call. The Board represents their interests and is legally obligated to do so. So stop all of this whining about how the management wants to make a deal. This is completely stupid and ill informed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You just are relentless and won't stop. Everyone knows Mallinckrodt's goal is to be purchased. There are no long term goals here honey. Drive that stock price up and cash out. Isnt that right Stacy?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's exactly what Trudeau did. He cashed out a couple of million just in case the stock tanks. If the purchase offer is higher than $105, even better, but this way he is hedged. You can look for him to sell a million here and a million there until he gets mostly out. He can't dump it all at one time. Would ruin the price.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What is our demise? Melon-Head Hugh

Fucking Melon Head Hugh, the poster boy for passive-aggressive behavior, is no more than a lap/attack dog for MarkeyMark Trudeau. DO you know that the weasel on tv that sells get rich quick schemes is his brother?

These are pathologic egomaniacs on an epic scale. Personally, I pray for a buy-out. These are the worst kind of people.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: What is our demise? Melon-Head Hugh

OMG thanks for sharing. I guess sleaze is all in the family. His brother is the biggest con artist...check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLG6syaExaM

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story! No relation at all.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are brothers

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?
    Father: Robert M. Trudeau (welder, adoptive)
    Mother: Mary A. Trudeau (housewife, adoptive)
    Brother: Robert Trudeau, Jr.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmmm who are you trying to defend? The OP is correct and they are only 2 years apart. So stop trying to make sure it isn't true. It is a fact and also all you have to do is look at their faces as they look nearly identical as well.