2MM $ Club

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:59 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Today I joined a very elite group within my company. My 401K just hit $2,000,000 this week. I don't know what everyone is bitching and complaining about. This has been a great job for a long time. Sure things are changing but they have alway been that way. I company that stays the same, dies. Just ride the wave of change. Let the managers deal with the bullsht and go do your job. If you are lucky enough to last you will be rewarded. And before you idiots start telling me how little I have or I'm a UPS driver, I will just smile and laugh (ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!!!)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not bad. Using the 4% or 5% rule that's $80K to $100K a year for retirement. I have done a bit better than that but it's not all in my 401K. Thanks Abbott!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tip my cap to you. I'm sure it took a lot of discipline and patience to get where you are. I can only hope that I will be in the same boat with you. Unfortunately I am in my early forties and not sure if I will be able to last.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple, send less than you make. Save at least 10%. Do that and over time it really adds up. What is nice with abbott is the 5% match. So max it out...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a novel idea, LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS and you will live a very happy life. This company allowed me to do this. End of story. Forget the shitty managers and all the bullsht you've had to deal with.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Early 40's? You should be sitting on around $600,000 minimum. Shame on you if you aren't.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here are the numbers. The average American in their 40's has about $53K saved.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I bet you are in your 50s, and sitting on a couple grand at MOST
    What posers on here preaching the Opposite of their own situation !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not sure why I would be posing. This is what I hate about this site. I want to share and exchange info and you have to deal with these idiots. You right, I was wrong, my 401K is now 2,035,000. One other thing. You will never get to this number so don't be jealous

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good one

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you must be very very old.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatyda say sonny?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd rather be older and comfortable ($$$) than young and no future. And that's what you have with this company and industry. Instead of making fun of me you should be learning from me. Remember who paid for your $65,000 a year college. But I guess you are sooooo smart that you don't want tp pick my brain. That's ok. No skin off of my apple.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The original poster is correct, He/she is a very smart, and rich person. I didn't get serious, but did contribute some, until 1993. T retired in 2010, age 62, with 30 years of service. I also contributed the max to the catch-up account that President Bush introduced in early 2000. I definitely lived within my means. My 401K is about 1.5 million dollars, my $500,000 house is paid for, and I spent Jan. - Mar. in Florida. My career wasn't a bed of roses, but I kept my focus on the big picture, now I'm set for life and enjoying it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all this scenario is easily attained in Pharma
    BUT
    How do you know someone is smart and rich based on a anonymous post
    Could be you're answering yourself AGAIN !
    You claim you have 30 yrs of service but stopped contributing in 1993 ? and then played catch up ? You then retired in 2010 ? I Call BS!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plant working Fools on here !

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You were RIFd, went broke, and that tiny 401k was cashed out early with penalty
    Stupid broke RIFd fools on here amaze me

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No actually I have gone into boxing as a second career.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really ? Who's your opponent, your Mother or Sister ?
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Lets get ready to ruuuuumble Bitch

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're in boxing ? WOW you mean you got hired in the shipping department at the Meat packing plant ?