Manager base pay

Discussion in 'Alere Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was Sixto's manager at Argon. He was not fired for non performance. On the contrary, he was the #4 (of 42) representative in the country. If I could I would rehire him in a heartbeat. Please be mindful that his separation agreement is to remain confidential. Best to not comment so recklessly about something that didn't involve you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Argon did not get acquired by BD. Argon is owned by an equity firm in Chicago. They purchased a portion of BDs portfolio in 2010 to give themselves better international distribution. That was common knowledge within Argon. I doubt you were the one who took his job if you don't know who owns your company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever it is, it's too much. Managers should only be in place to check expense reports. Let the reps succeed or fail on their own. Managers get in the way of the sales process much more than they help in most cases.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Manager base pay or some crazy ponzi scheme??

They were just purchased by Massage Envy SPA. What a merger!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Base pay is $50k. Take it or leave it.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

take it!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma is paying that... and startups are exceeding that FOR REP POSITIONS! So... I hope you're gettin' a boatload of equity. Otherwise, why would you want that absolute worst position in med/Pharma sales? Not to mention The Peter Principle is usually in full effect. Remember, just because you were a solid rep doesn't mean you'll be any good as a manager.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong - biotech rep here at another company. My base is now 161k (not the garbage 95-115k stated0.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alere the stock is crap the product sucks and there is no Pipeline you're welcome

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m a rep in biotech after 7 Successful yrs in Big Pharma. Base is high 130’s...IC is 35k at plan....quarterly spiffs around an additional 5k (hit it my first 2 qtrs but suspended for COVID)....and RSU’s. It is my understanding I’m on the lower end on base which is fair considering my level of experience relative to peers at my company.