I sat by a lake

Discussion in 'Sucampo' started by Anonymous, Aug 3, 2010 at 7:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop the deflecting and just answer the questions.

Who are the mangers at Sucampo?

You don't answer becsuse you don't know.

Your not answering just confirms you don't work at Sucampo.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He knows he's a loser

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there are no reps any longer at Sucampo, as you say, there are no managers at Sucampo.
    Copy- cat (question guy), you are really quite dumb!! Who can be managed?? You are a liar as well!
    We had fun this week- end at Jeff's beach house! Unfortunately, on Saturday night, we had some hail damage, due to a really hard storm! But he's getting insurance help.
    Today Amitiza and I are relaxing at home, and I'm plugging in my calls. It's supposed to rain here again, so I'm not going out.
    After Amitiza and I go to the lake tomorrow morning, I'll spend some time working at the Woman's Shelter.
    This Wednesday will be the doc's last golf game for a while, as his surgery is the following week.
    The movie w/ Jason Stratam was fair. No recommendation from me!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm home now and about to have lunch. Afterwards, I'll be going to the Woman's Shelter to help out stocking items they received last week- end.
    Tomorrow our tee- time for golf is at 9:00. We'll certainly miss the doc for the several weeks he will be out for knee surgery! He says he should hopefully be back playing golf by early June. I hope so. But he'll play with us tomorrow!
    Amitiza and I went to the lake this morning, and there were a lot of elementary school kids there. There's only about one month left before school gets out for the summer here.
    This week- end my spouse and I will be going back to Jeff's beach house, to help him clean- up from last week's storm. It's the least I can do. We'll plan on leaving Friday morning.
    My yard guys are supposed to spread mulch this Thursday.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Fake guy

Why don't you just answer the other posters question?

Since you claim to work at Sucampo still who are the managers?

Can't do it can you Fake guy or should I say Jospeh.

Yes we all knew it was you all along.

Now put this thread to bed, end this.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay Lake guy, I mean Fake Guy, I mean LOSER! Now to put this to bed once and for all.

I would look at the Third to last paragraph (I bolder it for you) of this financials report. It specifically says that Sucampo replaced the inside sales force with the contract one. Buh bye Lake Guy or rather Fake Guy!

http://investor.proxy.sucampo.com/mobile.view?c=201197&v=203&d=1&id=2022498

Sucampo Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2014 Financial Results and Corporate Update
    March 04, 2015

Strong Year-over-Year Revenue and Sales Growth for AMITIZA

Significant Progress on Pipeline Programs and Strategic Plan

Net Income and EPS Excluding Special Items in Line with 2014 Guidance

Sucampo Provides 2015 Earnings Guidance

Company to host conference call today at 8:30 am Eastern

BETHESDA, Md., March 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Sucampo) (Nasdaq:SCMP) today reported consolidated financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2014.

For the fourth quarter of 2014, Sucampo reported year-over-year growth of 54% to $37.8 million in total revenue, including 25% growth to $18.6 million in product royalty revenue from sales of AMITIZA in the U.S. and 44% growth to $7.4 million in product sales revenue of AMITIZA in Japan. Included in total revenue and contract and collaboration revenue for the fourth quarter of 2014 is an upfront payment from Takeda Pharmaceuticals (Takeda) related to the global license, development, commercialization and supply agreement (Global Takeda Agreement) for AMITIZA® (lubiprostone). Sucampo recognized $8.0 million of the $14.0 million of the upfront payment in the fourth quarter of 2014. Excluding this upfront payment, Sucampo reported year-over-year growth of 22% in total revenue for the fourth quarter of 2014.

Sucampo reported GAAP net income of $9.3 million and fully-diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.21 during the fourth quarter of 2014. Sucampo also reported GAAP net income of $13.1 million and fully-diluted EPS of $0.29 for the full year of 2014. Excluding special items, Sucampo reported non-GAAP net income of $17.9 million and fully-diluted EPS of $0.40 for the full year of 2014, both in line with prior issued guidance. Reconciliations for the fourth quarters and full years 2013 and 2014 are included in the financial section.

"In 2014, following a detailed review of our business and opportunities, Sucampo took significant steps to implement our corporate strategy by securing the foundation of our AMITIZA revenues, focusing the organization, strengthening our scientific capabilities, and prioritizing our development pipeline," said Peter Greenleaf, Chief Executive Officer of Sucampo. "We have already executed on these near-term priorities in our strategy, while achieving strong financial results for our shareholders. As we look to the future, we remain focused on operational excellence with an eye toward continued revenue growth and the progression and diversification of our development pipeline."

Fourth Quarter 2014 Operational Review

AMITIZA

United States (U.S.)

AMITIZA total prescriptions were 354,354, an increase of 5%, compared to the fourth quarter of 2013. Net sales of AMITIZA, reported by Takeda for royalty calculation purposes, increased 17% to $91.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2014, compared to $78.0 million in the same period of 2013. Net sales of AMITIZA, reported by Takeda for royalty calculation purposes, increased 18% to $331.6 million for the full year of 2014, compared to $282.1 million in the same period of 2013.

Sucampo, Takeda and R-Tech Ueno, Ltd. (R-Tech) entered into a settlement and license agreement with Anchen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Par Pharmaceutical, Inc. (Par) and Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc. that resolved the patent infringement litigation among the parties related to AMITIZA 8 mcg and 24 mcg soft gelatin capsules for chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC) and irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C). In addition, Sucampo and Takeda amended our existing collaboration and license agreement and associated agreements covering the U.S. and Canada for AMITIZA. As a result of these agreements, among other changes, starting in 2021, Sucampo will split the gross profits from the sale of the generic or authorized generic version of AMITIZA 8 mcg and 24 mcg soft gelatin capsules for CIC and IBS-C by Par and split annual net sales revenue of the branded versions of AMITIZA with Takeda. In the event Par chooses to launch an authorized generic version, Sucampo will supply Par under a manufacturing and supply agreement at a negotiated supply price.

Sucampo, R-Tech, Takeda, and certain affiliates of Takeda filed a patent infringement lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey against Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Ltd. and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc. (collectively, Dr. Reddy's) related to an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) that Dr. Reddy's filed with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market, sell and use a generic version of the 8 mcg and 24 mcg AMITIZA soft gelatin capsule products. Under the Hatch-Waxman Act, as a result of the patent infringement lawsuit, final FDA approval of Dr. Reddy's ANDA will be stayed up to 30 months from the date of receipt of the notice letter.
    Global Markets

In Japan, Sucampo's revenue from sales of AMITIZA to Abbott Japan Co., Ltd. (Abbott) increased 44% to $7.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2014, compared to the same period of 2013. Sucampo's revenue from sales of AMITIZA to Abbott increased 103% to $32.1 million for the full year of 2014, compared to the same period of 2013.

We entered into a Global Takeda Agreement which expanded Takeda's exclusive rights to commercialize AMITIZA in the E.U. and all other global markets outside of the U.S., Canada, Japan and the People's Republic of China. Upon signing this agreement, we received an upfront payment of $14 million. Sucampo is responsible for the first $6 million in development expenses with Takeda responsible for all development activities and subsequent expenses. We also signed an exclusive global manufacturing and supply agreement with R-Tech for clinical and commercial supplies of AMITIZA in most global markets.

Early in 2015, the European Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP) for AMITIZA for the treatment of CIC was successfully completed in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Spain, resulting in a recommendation for marketing authorization. Following the positive MRP outcome, each member state is expected to issue a national marketing authorization. In February 2015, Ireland became the first of these countries to issue a marketing authorization.

In Canada, Sucampo's New Drug Submission for AMITIZA for CIC and opioid-induced constipation (OIC) indications with Health Canada was accepted. A decision is anticipated in the second half of 2015.
    Research and Development

In February 2015, the first patient was dosed in a phase 2 trial of cobiprostone for non-erosive reflux disease (NERD) in proton pump inhibitors refractory patients.
    In October 2014, four abstracts on lubiprostone were presented at the American College of Gastroenterology 2014 Annual Scientific Meeting.

Sucampo decided not to pursue further clinical development of the intravenous and oral versions of the ion channel activators that were in development for lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) after determining that the commercial potential did not warrant further investment into this program.
    Corporate

In the fourth quarter 2014 and in early 2015, we expanded our management team and board of directors with the following seasoned industry executives:

Andrew Smith, FCMA, CGMA was appointed Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Smith previously served as Vice President, Operations & Finance of

John H. Johnson and Robert J. Spiegel, M.D., FACP, were appointed to board of directors.
    Peter Kiener, D. Phil was appointed Chief Scientific Officer.

Matthias Alder was appointed Executive Vice President, Business Development & Licensing.
    Steven Caffé, M.D. was appointed Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs.

On December 22, 2014, Sucampo received a notice letter of an ANDA filed by Par for RESCULA® (unoprostone isopropyl) ophthalmic solution 0.15% indicated for the lowering of intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension and in February 2015 Sucampo reached an agreement with Par in which Sucampo would grant Par a license in certain circumstances prior to the date of the last expiring patent. Under such license, Par will split with Sucampo the gross profits of the generic or authorized generic version sold during the term of the agreement, which continues until the last of Sucampo patents relating to RESCULA have expired. In the event Par elects to so launch an authorized generic, Sucampo will supply Par under the terms of a manufacturing and supply agreement at a negotiated supply price.

Fourth Quarter and FY 2014 Financial Review

GAAP net income was $9.3 million, or $0.21 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to a GAAP net income of $2.3 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the same period in 2013. GAAP net income was $13.1 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, for the full year of 2014 compared to a GAAP net income of $7.0 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, in the same period in 2013.

Total revenues were $37.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $24.5 million in the same period in 2013, an increase of 54%. Total revenues were $115.5 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $89.6 million in the same period in 2013, an increase of 29%. The increase for both periods was primarily due to higher royalty revenue on AMITIZA net sales in the U.S., the growth of AMITIZA sales in Japan and the previously mentioned $8.0 million recognized in contract and collaboration revenue from Takeda. The increase for full year of 2014 also included the $2.5 million milestone from Abbott and was offset by the 2013 receipt of the $10.0 million milestone payment from Takeda upon the first commercial sale of AMITIZA for OIC.

Costs of goods sold were $4.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $2.9 million for the same period of 2013, an increase of 39%. The increase was primarily due to increased volume of AMITIZA product sales in Japan. Costs of goods sold were $16.3 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $12.4 million for the same period of 2013, an increase of 31%. The increase for the full year was primarily due to increased volume of AMITIZA product sales in Japan partially offset by the $3.0 million non-cash write-off of RESCULA inventory in the prior year which did not reoccur.

R&D expenses were $5.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $7.0 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 16%. R&D expenses were $20.6 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $21.5 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 4%. The decrease for both periods was primarily due to the discontinuation of our clinical studies for LSS, which were ongoing in 2013, but finished in the first half of 2014. This was partially offset by increased costs for lubiprostone and cobiprostone development and additional personnel.
    G&A expenses were $7.7 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $6.8 million for the same period of 2013, an increase of 13%. G&A expenses were $31.2 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $25.4 million for the same period of 2013, an increase of 23%. The increase for both periods was primarily due to a significant increase in legal fees incurred in prosecuting the Par patent infringement lawsuit, partially offset by a reduction in pharmacovigilance costs that were associated with launching AMITIZA in Japan in 2013.

Selling & Marketing expenses were $3.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $5.1 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 40%. Selling & Marketing expenses were $14.5 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $21.1 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 31%. The decrease for both periods was primarily due to the replacement of our U.S. in-house sales force with a lower-cost contract sales force in 2014. The decrease for the full year of 2014 included a $1.5 million non-cash write-off of RESCULA samples in 2013 that did not reoccur this year, partially offset by increased commercialization costs in 2014 for AMITIZA in Europe.

Earnings Excluding Special Items

There were no special items for the fourth quarter of 2014. Non-GAAP EPS for the fourth quarter of 2013 exclude RESCULA inventory write-off, sample non-cash write-off costs, and restructuring costs. Non-GAAP net income excluding special items for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $2.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share.

Non-GAAP EPS for the full year 2014 exclude RESCULA intangible impairment costs and non-GAAP EPS for the full year 2013 exclude RESCULA inventory, sample non-cash write-off costs, and restructuring costs. Non-GAAP net income excluding special items for the full year 2014 was $17.9 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income excluding special items of $9.4 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, for the full year of 2013.

A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP net income and EPS is provided in the tables that follow.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://investor.proxy.sucampo.com/mobile.view?c=201197&v=203&d=1&id=2022498

In the third to last paragraph of this Sucampo 2014 4th Quater financials report it says:

Selling & Marketing expenses were $3.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2014 compared to $5.1 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 40%. Selling & Marketing expenses were $14.5 million for the full year of 2014 compared to $21.1 million for the same period of 2013, a decrease of 31%. The decrease for both periods was primarily due to the replacement of our U.S. in-house sales force with a lower-cost contract sales force in 2014. The decrease for the full year of 2014 included a $1.5 million non-cash write-off of RESCULA samples in 2013 that did not reoccur this year, partially offset by increased commercialization costs in 2014 for AMITIZA in Europe.

http://investor.proxy.sucampo.com/mobile.view?c=201197&v=203&d=1&id=2022498R

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was out helping the guys spread some mulch in my yard! Before that Amitiza and I were at the lake, where I plugged in a couple of calls.
    Oh, hey copy- cat (question guy) if you want to know the managers, just ask STAN. He can help you! Still wondering who the managers are managing with no reps in the company!!! You can't answer that can you? You are truly an idiot!!! There's no reason to respond to your postings. You're angry. Live with it!
    This afternoon at 2:45 I'm going to the movies again with a golfing buddy to see "Woman in Gold". I'm a WWII "buff" and the movie got good reviews. A friend enjoyed seeing it! I'll let you know my thoughts next week.
    Tomorrow morning we leave to go to Jeff's beach house for some work, I'm sure. We'll also finish some shopping!
    A great week- end to you all!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You just got taken down Fake guy. The earnings report above clearly states Sucampo let all the in house field sales force go.

You are a LOSER!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for texting me bruh

What a tool this lake guy is. Even after he sees the proof he continues this BS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you really are an idiot- do you have to post twice? there are 4 managers here who manage reps. what else would they do?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And their names are?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No Reps= No Managers!.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes but you claim there are reps so then who are the managers?

You don't know Lake Guy, I mean Fake guy ,because you haven't worked at Sucampo for years and you are idiot.

Lake Guy = Fake Guy = idiot

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There was a thread on AZ's website a while ago with the same title, "I sat by the lake today." It was the most funniest threads I have ever read. Lake guy, are you the same person because you wrote classic shit that had reps rolling in laughter. His thread lasted years too. Good for you man!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it was me.

I worked at AZ then I started this thread but just the first post. I am not the Lake Guy.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got back late last night from helping Jeff do a final clean- up at his beach house. I know he appreciated the help. We did have time enough to shop and swim al bit! Work combined with fun. Amitiza enjoyed the waves and sand!
    The weather here has been ideal, low 80's, and Amitiza and I spent some quality time at the lake earlier this morning. I plugged in two calls.
    Last Thursday I saw "Woman in Gold", and I can honestly recommend it to you. It's quite thought- provoking!
    Today I'll make a couple of HHC calls. I got my bonus check from the 1st. qtr. and I'm satisfied.
    Tomorrow I"ll go to the driving range and practice my putting. The doc is supposed to have his surgery on Wednesday, so we'll probably all check in on him after we have our lunch after golf!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got back from the lake with Amitiza about an hour ago. It's somewhat cloudy out today, and rain is in the forecast. But Amitiza and I had fun at the lake!
    After lunch, if the rains hold off, I'll spend time at the driving range. One of my golfing buddies has decided to join me.
    Our tee- time tomorrow is at 8:45. Since only three of us are playing, and the doc won't be with us, we should be finished well before noon.
    Hopefully, the doc's surgery will go smoothly, and he'll be home this week- end. We'll visit him in the hospital before dinner tomorrow, so he'll get some post-op rest. I know some of you wish him well!
    Friday we'll have some of my family visit for a couple of days. I'll get tickets for a ball game!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Lake/Fake guy why don't you comment on the earnings report above and the fact that ALL IN HOUSE SALES REPS were let go last year?

Come on, now what is your excuse?

What a loser!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just so hard to understand why any human being worth a shit would spend his time on a board for a company he no longer works for. are you having that much trouble finding another job? do you work with cheryl in hr? the lake guy knows all.