Who is selling Hysingla?

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by Anonymous, Apr 27, 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any way to sell this dog?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When they give it away for Free.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're in trouble if this is PP future.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No insurance coverage, no sale.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's that simple ! Get coverage & we can get sales !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will they figure out it takes managed care coverage to sell this product. Sorry nobody can afford the $800 out of pocket. medicaid expansion isn't paying for Hysingla ER but they are happy to pay for norco. But you based my quota on all that Medicaid business?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you had managed care coverage, then this product still would not sell. The three biggest payors now are Medicare, Medicaid, and then cash. The average deductible in my area is $6,000 to $10,000. Cigna has a plan that does not do claims adjudication - the patient has to submit the pharmacy bill. The pricing is just too high for this product. I guess Purdue listened to those consultants that told them that they could charge a hight price. That was true 20 to 30 years ago, but not today. Price wins.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave it to Purdue to follow the yellow brick road. They've always priced their drugs ridiculously high but now it's even more so a different world. But don't expect Purdue to get that concept any time soon. They still think they can come down on the rep and make their work life miserable and it will make sales better. They are still of that mindset. That's why they gave us a new IC plan. First of all the initial one sucked but they think it's a money/motivation issue. If they reward us somehow it will help us sell this high priced POS that no insurance is paying for, it will help somehow with the patients who have zero prescription benefit until they meet their $6000 deductible, it will help the required failure of 4 other long acting opioids before they can get the H. And it will help the fact that it has no Medicare d coverage. Let me tap my ruby slippers and maybe it will all happen the way Purdue thinks it all works. Glenda the good witch can just wave her wand can't she?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My worries, I've got a few scripts but patients don't like it. It doesn't work ? I wonder if that bullet proof formulation impedes absorption and patient will have to over the equal-analgesic dose to get the same relief? thoughts? Do docs really want to keep going up on dose when patients were controlled on cheap short acting?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I knew this crap would not work!!! Please get out of this AD market, you are ruining it for companies who have better products than you ever will.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello..patients want their short acting hydrocodone so they can get a buzz or sell it. They will tell the doc H doesn't work because they need the cash to pay their rent or the hydrocodone to snort for their high. Why pay for H. Way expensive and it will be difficult to crush and snort . Too much work !

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you thound thexy. what community college did you attend?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q12 hour dosing is just about perfect for chronic opioid use. the few trials some of my docs have told me about have been failures as well. Some because of the above reasons. Most, however, simply due to HCP being a dumbass and following our conversion guideline and under dosing the patient. Irrational fear of overdosing on initial dose have led the entire industry to give inaccurate estimations of equianalgeisc dosing. Yes, in a perfect setting, underestimating the dose and then titrating to effect is the safe way to do it. But managed care systems are set up to manage patients in monthly increments and most docs simply follow the path of least resistance as resistance costs them $$$.
    The entire industry should be ashamed. We should simply give a equianalgeisc dose in the oi and let the Dr determine what dose to give. Stoopid

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get ready to take the blame sales force. Coverage on paper looks better than it really is and the HO does not know it.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is and has been a problem for a long time. they are starting to figure it out a little. Caremark was a new revelation recently and the acknowledgement that 50% of Caremark are exclusions. They are just figuring that out now?? Same with Express Scripts! These people have a lot to learn! Let them look at it on paper! Sales tell the whole story! Do they understand how difficult it is to generate even one prescription with every plan requiring prior authorization and failure of 3-4 other long acting opioids. Tricare alone ain't cuttin' it and ain't gonna get the results they are looking for !!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then why is Teva adding 200 reps to sell their HC ER BID product?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably because they know how to contact and let their reps do the selling because they have managed care and that is what it takes to sell a drug. Purdue can't make that happen for whatever reason.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest local plan won't pay for it because it and said they won't reconsider. They don't even pay for Oxy or BuTrans.

I'm fucking out of here. Sick and tired of peddling the same crap with nothing new on the horizon. New job won't pay as much, but I don't really care anymore.