Kythera

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, we should be happy for the folks that get the Kythera offers, this div will def take a hit. The interesting matter will be who will fill the voids of the 80 spots at AGN, Gald, and Mrz? I predict Kyrhera causes a larger shift in this market space than originally expected. We will know in 2 weeks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have to respectfully disagree. The directors and managers hired are exceptionally weak. Nobody with any real pedigree in leadership or aesthetics. A bunch of mediocre no names looking for a change. As long as you have injectables on your resume, you're hired.
    Maybe the reps hired will be stronger. I wish them all well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hearing rumors Allegan/activis may be taking out Kythera.

Also hearing several Allergan reps offered the position turned it down - what's up?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're always going to have those reps that are scared to leave a big company for a smaller one. They hide behind a pension, benefits, the six weeks of vacation time and although they are miserable in their job they stay w what is comfortable.

You can spot these people at meetings- they are the ones away from the bar whispering to another rep bitching about their manager, how they got screwed on forecast, bonus plan sucks, so and so didn't deserve to make trip, etc. They are the Eeors who are miserable but don't have the balls to proactively take control of their future.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody will take out Kythera but not for Aesth could easily be a big pharma company . The Hair loss compound will be a blockbuster drug if it makes it to market

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent post and so true about "that rep" at the bar.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The manager I met with was so old school Derm. Boring, drab sample dropper that actually thinks derms will be doing the business with this launch?WRONG! Wake up to aesthetics and physicians who want to make money - not many derms dude. Sorry you left your secure job. This product has been out there and failed miserably in many markets. A lot of docs lost a lot
    Of money using it.
    Advice - don't leave your day job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you mean not many Derms? Seriously? Do you understand anything about where aesthetic treatments are delivered?

I just feel for all of those silly Wall St analysts have this thing pegged to a multi billion dollar gig.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are the top two in this market???

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Facial plastic Surgeons should be key target, they understand better facial contours etc. other than the very few cosmetic derms out there. Basic Derms won't do much. Analysts don't get what was tried before and the history of this technology.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Market has changed. Allergan drove that market from the plastics to the Derms and now to the medi spas, nurse injectors, etc. To think a double chin product is merely plastics is laughable

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You obviously don't understand how this co plans to roll things out. The market became more flexible to reduced standards. Your correct that AGN became lenient to sell more but it's easy to sell a market leader. Not much effort involved.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post of the day!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like Kythera 2nd round of offers will now go out early May so that AGN folks can finish the qtr... That must mean they have their eyes on more than a few of us... Hmmmmm?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a life.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes sense a lot of Ex AGN people... Good luck to those who are lucky enough to get the offers!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many of the US Kythera reps will come from AGN? Over under is now at 20. Any guesses?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ex-Mentor # is starting to catch up. Tired of getting crushed...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of true talent out there attracting these openings that don't come from either.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That DEFINITELY indicates a company looking to be bought out. Too small a market for that product to sustain this payroll. Regardless of what they tell you "they have a 10 year plan at least," EVERYBODY has a price. It'll either be a flop or a buyout. You watch.