Are you afraid to be unemployed?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not afraid of being unemployed. But afraid of some of those I have made unemployed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not that bad. In all reality you will have to take a pay cut. From what people tell me it's around 10 to 15%. It does not mean you can't be happy. Taking a 10 to 15% pay cut for a better quality of life is priceless.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why wait to the 23rd? I was told by someone in HR that decisions have already been made all the way down to the territory. DCO's known but can not say anything. CTLs are told to be in the field. Merck has lost its mind.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TAKE IT! As you'll find out, a 33% cut in pay is better than going 2 to 4 years with nothing but unemployment….and then no income at all.

Pharma has a stigma, thanks to all of the crap that we've pulled over the years. In addition, those that were cut from the field force 8 years ago kind of let the cat out of the bag. As a matter of fact, I still see people bragging that they worked 20-30 hour weeks, and faked most of their calls. The whole world now knows that we had a very cushy life compared to what most people go through to make the money that a 15 year vet with multiple awards pulls down here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true! We are seen as ultra sleazy, dumb, & lazy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are thousands of reps that have had to bite the bullet and restructure their lives. I am one. I promise you the majority will face huge salary cuts. Not being mean or negative. It is the reality. Additionally, "real sales" is a gruesome undertaking. No dropping off lunch and a couple sample calls and then home. It is grinding to merely survive.

Take a look at LinkedIn via advanced search, choose a pharma company and look at past or no longer employed. There are hundreds that have been out of work for over 2-3 years.

Getting laid-off is extremely scary and hard on everyone involved. I still wake up in the middle of the night in complete panic.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, on the other hand, have never been happier and can't fathom going back to a sleazeball company like Merck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you have the nerve to criticize scientists?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tell me when we get one and I will be happy to apologize.