How difficult is the training for the pfizer contract?

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Jan 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just like any other training, unless you were in Wave 1, where it was a nightmare. They have made adjustments since wave 1, so it won't be too bad.

If I were you, I wouldn't take this job.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer people from training to the dm's to your partners will demoralize you. This is not too bad of a job but in some areas they just make it impossible for you to do your job. They will take your list and give you all the no sees and low potential docs just to get you out of your hair. Took this job because I had to but far gone now, a nightmare.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been laid off for 3 months and this was the only gig I could find. Just wanted a heads up on what to expect, how hard are the exams etc. It's really tough out there when you're out of work, can't be to picky when you got kids to feed ya know?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

still wouldn't take it.
    you can get unemployment for a long time. didn't you save any money?

I mean, this job sucks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

tell your kids to feed themselves. they tell me that kid are so brillant, so there you go.

taking this job is career suicide. I wish I was smart enough not to take the dam job, but I took it because there was nothing else out there.

I understand your situation, somewhat. the economy is worse now, than it was under Bushwacker.

Vote Obama in 2012, and you will have to wait another 4 more years for a good job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know how you feel. I like the contract a whole lot more than being unemployed.What I like is I don't have night or week-end work.

The training was hard, comparable to the big pharma, if not harder. I overstudied (what I thought was overstudying) and did well. Some drugs are more challenging than others. Lyrica and Celebrex were alot tougher than Chantix. Study hard and you will do well.

William161981 likes this.
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was in wave 1 so needless to say it was a fucking horror show. No one knew what they were doing, trainers ran a powerpoint presentation on Lipitor for 6 hours while they bullshitted in the corner and surfed the web. The most unprofessional training I have ever seen especially for big pharma, I have heard it improved since then. Just study and you will be fine, also Pfizer does their training in waves after hiring so they are not used to doing 3 products in 2 weeks.

Job does suck big time due to the Pfizer reps and their managers however if you have to take the job its not so bad, its easy. When you are home you are done, its a lot less money with a lot less stress, barley any paper work, all in all if you don't look as this business seriously (cause it isn't ) you will be fine. We were all in the same boat taking this job but what the Pfizer reps and managers don't realize is that we have done this before many of us more than our Pfizer partners, why they fell the need to treat us like dirt is beyond me, Karma is bitch thats all I can say, good luck.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, everyone knows pfizer is full of pricks but i'm just looking for a paycheck until i can get the hell out of pharma. it's astonishing that pfizer reps and dm's take them selves so seriously. pharma is the biggest sham out there. thanks for your help guys.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What products are you training on? The job is not as bad as people make it seem. They have revamped the training and while wave 1 was a horror show, it is much better now. If you've gone through any other big pharma training it's just as intense. You do have to pass the tests on the first go around - but it's better pay then unemployment and who knows, you might end up in a good area and get converted...it's happened. Good luck.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's one big 2 week cram session. About 80% of what you need to know is in the powerpoint slides. Write down the home study test questions and answers, they are the same as the final exams. Just memorize that info and you should be fine.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good advice. Read and know summaries. Try to read as much of the material as time permits.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wave 1 training was a crap shoot. They treated us like shit. But, that's Pfizer for you.

My understanding is that its not as bad now. I mean, at least you get time to study. We had a day or two with the modules, and then at training, they taught up crap that wasn't on the test.

Pfuck Pfizer Pforever.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I couldn't agree any more. If you want to be trained for a contract with idiot management, no bonus paid on time ever since the beginning, no answers, sales quotas never get to us on time, horrible gas mileage reimbursement and never any direction from my managers, then you will fit right in. Save your training skills for another job. in 4 months and you will need to go through a different training anyway.
    PPP!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its just amazing how they have treated us.

Never thought it would be this bad. Wish I never too this crap, and took Unemployment for 99 weeks, like some losers that don't want to work.

Instead, I take the job, and it now only sucks, but it hurts my resume.

When this contract is over, I will take the unemployment over Publicis and wait it out, that is for sure.

And if the 99 weeks are over, then I will go back to school.

Contract sales is like a nightmare that has got worse and worse.