Class action lawsuit against Alcon for discrimination against women

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some attorneys are contacting women who have settled against Alcon for discrimination in order to form class action status. Anyone else been contacted? Be on the lookout for information coming public about this if you have been discriminated against and would like to join it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about discrimination of minorities?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hate lawyers. Always looking to line their pockets.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How about discrimination of anyone not in the good ole boy crony group

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a woman and I have never experienced any discrimination at Alcon. As a matter of fact, my supervisor is a woman and her supervisor (a Vice President) is a woman. I agree that most employees are not happy right now but you're barking up the wrong tree trying to say that Alcon discriminates against women.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How many other women VPs are there at Alcon? Have you bothered to count? Have you asked this female VP how many times she is the only female in a meeting? Seems like you need to look around. Men dominate the top ranks in all areas at Alcon. They are uncomfortable working with women as their peers.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please! If anything men get discriminated against because they are trying to promote more women. There are just fewer women willing to uproot a family and relocate every few years to get to the top. Plus, successful sales women and men make more money in the field than they do coming to corporate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Men??? HA..you must be gay! Moving around has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of Men you have been regularly promoted and have never lived outside of fort worth.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked at Alcon years ago and it was horrific. Sexual harrassment was an accepted part of the culture. I got treated just like the women do in "Mad Men". Seriously.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some things never change....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Probably why your dumbass hasn't been discriminated against,,,because you work for women you idiot. Whenever a woman is sexually harassed at Alcon who ends up leaving and who ends up staying? Wait, you must be in HR to be surrounded by women. You and people like Nikki Roblow are the reason why there will be a suit like Wal-Mart coming up. Pat yourself on the back.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Status?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The numbers speak for themselves - Zero women on the board. One woman on the Executive Leadership Team and word has it she is on the outs with the CEO, 90% of the VPs are men - and most of the 10% that comprise women are in HR. Directors - maybe 75% are women. It's a little like Mad Men - women enable the men to look good. Minorities - other than Robert W ... forgettttabbbbbouuuuuttttiitttt. Having said this it shouldn't matter woman, man, minority or martian ... he or she who does the real work should have the role, but sadly this is not the case. There is no way to suceed in this co unless you are part of the old boys clyb.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked at alcon for 2 years now and must say 90% of my fellow employees are wome! Including all three managers and 2 bakups along with the top supervisor!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There might be women in supervisory positions or even middle management but that doesn't mean there is not discrimination. Unfortunately, once you get up to Director level (aside from HR) it's pretty much a man's club. I have seen plenty of capable, talented women passed over because they needed "more experience" only to see a man, with less experience promoted. Also, have you ever wondered why men are paid more versus women for the same position. Alcon says it's fine....best person for the job crap.....women have kids and don't want to move crap.....the reality is it's discrimination. Look around at other organisations.....Alcon's percentages of women in leadership roles is pathetic.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, "Alcon's percentage of women in leadership roles is pathetic". Compared to other pharma companies, we're way down the list in terms of proportions. OR you could focus on the fact that it's the best person for the job....just a bit strange that in other companies, women seem to be good enough to fill roles. Perhaps it's some weird anomaly...not.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The list of some of the strong competent women in R&D who 'they' have justified discriminating against:
    Terry Wiernas
    Stella Robertson
    Becky Walker
    Sheri Bracy
    Margaret Kennedy
    Sandy Sheehan
    Maria Tort
    Teresa Landry
    Susan Orr
    Terri Schultz
    Sally Yeager
    Kendra Hileman

The list goes on....please feel free to add to the list

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, an not a lot of men work at hooters, nurses, or nannies. Let's go start a lawsuit against them too

C'mon let's get real and face the facts. Many women here are not trying to move up because of family reasons.

Many women get into pharma because they are attractive and see an opportunity to get paid well. That type of person isn't a future leader of this company.

Stop by all the pathetic excuses for a reason to get involved with a lawsuit. The REAL FACT is that if you can't get promoted as a minority ( women, black, etc) your a total shit candidate because companies WANT to promote minorities!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you're a real bright one aren't you? Fancy using Hooters as an example of female employers....I guess that gives insight into your opinion of women. The problem is it's men like you that decide for us that women "are not trying to move up because of family reasons." In the big wide world out there, women and men share parenting responsibilities. The real facts are Alcon's percentages of women in leadership roles is pathetic. Pathetic by any standards.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a fact that we would love to promote a minority, however, we promote the best candidates. Minorities win all ties if candidates are equal.

Look in the mirror, you just might find that your looking at the reason your not being promoted. That fact that you clearly have a negative attitude, make excuses, and go to Cafe Pharma to complain makes me 100% confident that you are NOT the type of leader we need.