Should I Apply?

Discussion in 'Alcon' started by Anonymous, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I saw a job posting for a job in the pharma part of the company and was thinking of applying. Looking for a change from where I'm at. I saw a couple threads like this, but those were a couple of months old and a lot can change in a few months.

So give me the scoop. The good and the bad. Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A follow up, I do not work for Alcon at all right now.

ex-alcon likes this.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd stay away. District managers are worse than ever. Stay away from Boston, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minnesota, Cleveland, Texas. The management in these areas are so micro-managed people are leaving like crazy. The opportunity is just not there like it was years ago. Just fyi, it's Novartis not Alcon you're looking at. Don't believe the uncapped commission plan they try to sell you in the interview process.

ex-alcon likes this.
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot add NY to your list of stay away areas.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are the bonuses like?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average 15-30k per year

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made 18,000 this past year .....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MN dude. Run. Away.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol . I left like everybody else who wants to make $$$

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to sell salt water, go for it!

Its a typical corporate BJ, so if you want something dynamic, you won't find it here. Still, its an easy job for the most part and good pay.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen brotha. I left as well. Much happier. There is no future for Alcon pharma. Pipeline is dead with recycle products with different concentrations. I couldn't look at the doctors straight anymore without smirking for Pazeo launch.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about Vision Care? Is it worth the jump to be in? honest feedback please...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's still novartis and that's why people are leaving. They ruined Alcon

ex-alcon likes this.
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

here is a quick question: are performance quarterly reviews the new novartis system to axe poor performers?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No!!!

Alcon is in 5-year long slow-motion destruction by Novartis. Think piton swallowing very big rabbit. People retire early. People look for any jobs. I am quitting this month - just after I've got my last bonus from this shell of a company.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working for Alcon is not torture. In fact it's hard to part with once you've got a few years in because the benefits are good, free car, etc etc. Access is better in ophthalmology than really any other specialty. That will keep you happy for a few years as well--customers are generally easy to see & you develop relationships. However, the days of making money at Alcon are over. It used to be that you could make $30-40k bonus for the average year, twice that for Presidents club. Now you will be lucky to make half that (15-20K for avg rep). The products are me-too products, and you can't sell on anything but managed care. The company's newest launch is a THIRD version of patanol. The last 2 launches in ophthalmology before that were a combination of 2 products that are ancient (Simbrinza) and taking an NSAID, adding goop & making it once a day. They have zero innovative products. If you have the choice, take a job in oncology or go device. You'll have little satisfaction working for the man at Alcon.

17. ex-alcon

ex-alcon new user

Correct

18. ex-alcon

ex-alcon new user

I missed the old Alcon really.