Working after Christmas (WTF!)

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Dec 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire must be the only pharmaceutical company that requires people to use vacation time to get the last week of the year off. Other companies shut down the last week of the year to encourage people to spend time with their family. Come on Shire!! Step up and get this done next year.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even more of a joke is how the RDs love to schedule field contacts before and after knowing most tenured reps are off the whole second half of the month lol.. the reps and offices can't function without our managers..even around Christmas!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most companies also give a week less vacation. If you don't want to work take the time off. If you don't hell you only have to work 2-3 hours/day to go through your entire itinerary since most offices are closed or so short staffed so the docs don't have time to talk anyway.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am sure that your manager loves working with you also. i am pretty sure that the RD's dont have a choice either- if they are out of vacation days, they have to be in the field most of the week and dont have the option of not being out with one of us. Its not all that miserable when mine is with me anyway-especially this time of the year.

I also dont think that other companies just give their reps the week after Christmas off. they probably dont get Holidays on- Presidents Day, MLK day,... and the are probably working the first Monday in 2012. I dont think we have it so bad...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbott does not give off either! Just be glad you have a job because this industry is shrinking.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must be 27 year old whiner who wants daddy to give him everything while he lives in the basement with Xbox and CoD3. Loser.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Im actually 43 and yes, the rest is spot on

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

does Shire have summer fridays like most of the rest of pharma?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, each week at Shire does have a Friday in the summer and the other seasons. Are other companies using a six day per week calendar?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why would you expect to be given the week off??? ridiculous

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who actually works those days anyways...what a joke...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh stop complaining, we get way more paid holidays than most reps...presidents day, Martin Luther king day, spring holiday, Columbus day! Sometimes I work that week and find it productive because most of my offices ARE open and very slow...good rapport building time with the docs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree we should shut down but make a business case. It has to be a win win why would it benefit Shire to close that week.. Anwer that amnd may be this year will be diffirent.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just put the time in

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Other companies give there reps off at the end of the year bc they are not a valuable resource to the company. They are a budget item!!! Say what you want about old shire vs new shire. Old shire saw sales people as revenue generation and as a valuable asset. If a company don't see sales reps as valuable then it's not going to hurt the company to give them a week off for the holidays. But that same company will have no problem giving u a perminate vacation(unpayed) just to increase the bottom line!!! I just pray that new shire still sees us as revenue generation and not just a budget item!! On that note I'd rather have to use my vacation if I need off. I guess we will all find out how we are viewed by management after the restructure!!!!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's one thing I would like to see: Apparently at HQ they often send out messages on the day before a big holiday weekend or say Christmas eve (on years that we don't get that day off), saying HQ is closing early today, everyone go home at 3pm! Why not pass that message onto the sales force? Guess what? No offices are open past 3 on the day before Thanksgiving yet we are expected to work til 5? No one is anyways so you should create some goodwill and give a few hours off here and there

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your RD must be a tool because I always get a text before holidays saying to cut out of the field by 1PM.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still no Christmas Break ?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No but we get all those random holidays off, Presidents day, Mt Luther king day, Good Friday.
    Which is nice to give you a break more often throughout the year. We get plenty of vacation
    Time to take Christmas break off if we want to