Advanced Health Media (AHM)

Discussion in 'Cardinal Health' started by Anonymous, Jun 12, 2007 at 6:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone out there work for them? Do you like it. I am from Advogent and would like some info.

Thank you!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The head of the company (Kevin M) started with BLP and got out. So did their head of IT (Greg M), so did their VP of sales (Art M) Does that tell you anything?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AHM is a great company to work for, is expanding, has multiple offices, just got major contracts, Pfizer is one, and look like getting Sanofi next. BUT there is so much crap from BLP/Advogent that you have to be really good to be hired, and exceptional to be hired into a management position.

Linda Schnabl is the new Ops Manager for the Philadelphia office, a real coup for us at AHM when she moves from Advogent.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your gain (LS) our loss. She will be missed. Wait for the mass exodus.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Currently work for AHM and have for a few years. Company is fantastic, cares about its employees and is constantly growing to stay on top. Highly recommend anyone reading this thread to consider this company for a career.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take this garbage to the Advogent board. We spun off that division in February. No one with Cardinal Health gives a damn about AHM

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Advanced Health Media is the WORST company I have EVER worked for. Stay away if you are thinking about joining. First off all if you work in the Bridgewater office it is like a prison there.....security doors, cameras....What the F am I going to take...a ream of paper.

Don't get me started with management for the Pfizer team....they need to get there heads out of there asses or they will be sitting in that jail all by themselves when we all (Meeting Planners) start walking out the door.....which is already happening.....and let me tell you......ALOT MORE ARE ABOUT TO BE GOING IN THE COMING WEEKS!!!! Good luck Pfizer reps...you will need it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have worked at AHM for 2 years - there are many Advogent people at AHM - is is basically the same. They both suck.

AHM has 24 yr olds that were promoted during each phase of growth that really should be in a back office. This AHM way crap is a bunch of new generational BS. Everyone at AHM is horribly miserable and wants to leave.

It is a sweat shop and a call center. There is no training - you just sit down and work. They expect 10 hour days from you "because you are on salary".

Someone is going to sue them really good soon. We can already see the company falling. They oversold and overpromised.

Greed That is what happened to AHM Pure and Simply Greed. Too bad the Pres and CEO are wonderful guys with big hearts.

They simply dont know that the directors and Ops managers are a clicky group of idiots that are bringing the company down fast.

Too bad AHM - too bad. Very bad and mean people at AHM and you should all be ashamed of how you cheat on the best places to work surveys. They truth will come out soon.

Bye bye greedy bastards Cause I am quittin soon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay away, stay far far away. If your job is safe at advogent don't even think about coming. Unless you want to switch. I would give anything to work at Advogent again.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody out there can be stupid enough to want to come work at AHM. It is run by a bunch of junveniles who can make a decision without running to mommy and daddy. They chain you to your desk and don't let you do anything without being on the clock. Only if you are there favorite people then you don't have to do anything and you get all the recognition.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is the relationship of AHM/ advogent and cardinal health?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, when I first started working at AHM over a year ago- I really loved the company. I thought it was great and they had great employee moral. Then all of a sudden the company took a turn for the worst. That is when a clear and evident grouping took toll. Sups and OMs became a gang in which you honestly felt like an inmate. I know that there will be corporate bull any where you go...but honestly, this is by far the worst company that I have ever worked for. I have come home everyday and sent my resume to anyone who is willing to take a look. Anyone that is looking to start or assume a position with this company needs to stay where they are or keep looking. Please do not be fooled by the Best Company crap that they are advertising because there is an obvious conspiracy behind that....If they receive this award another year...there is clearly an issue.........

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The heads of AHM are greedy, expanding the business at a pace that outstripped their infrastructure and their abilities to lead (in 2007, they went from approx. 250+ employees to approx 950 employees). No processes or procedures were in place and they kept many lower management team members who are not qualfied for the positions they have in a larger/expanding company.

This may well sound like sour grapes, but I do not know ANYONE who is happy working there. The company leadership is young and have very little experience managing/mentoring their reports. THERE IS LITTLE OR NO DIRECTION FROM SR. MGT because they overpromise on their contractual obligations to customers and cannot deliver (does ANYONE monitor what the sales team is selling??). Management is therefore always involved in whatever sh*t is hitting the fan and has no time to lead their team, provide guidance or to deal with internal issues. Everyone barely manages to keep their heads above water most of the time. In my years of experience, I have never seen such ineptitude from a management team.

I'm consistently amazed at how unprofessionally the staff behaves and how NO ONE is ever reigned in. It is like a high school cafeteria with people yelling and gossiping in the halls, no dress code to speak of and people often standing around with nothing to do.

AHM may promise good things going in (BELIEVE ME! THE BEST PLACES TO WORK SURVEYS ARE B.S. IN GENERAL) BUT, they talk a good game, offer a decent salary and then you are in, wishing you had stayed in whatever miserable, sory little job you came from. DON'T BUY THE BULL... You will be sorry!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, AHM is a disaster. Blame the Ops and the Supes all you want. It starts at the top and gets drilled down.

I laughed at the post that said the CEO has a big heart. Who do you think drives the ten hour days? You'd be horrified if you knew what he really thought of everyone.

The only people that get promoted are the people with 5th grade reading levels. Everyone else is kept down, because the higher ranking people know they would fly past them.

All that said the business model is a failing one. They put all of their resources and equity in dinner meetings! DINNER MEETINGS! This is not a career. It was a get rich quick scheme that got carried away and now people's lives are being ruined. Seriously, if you're there, my apologies. If your'e thinking about it, collect unemployment a little longer.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree with everyone. I never hated working for anyone as much as I do now! There are no words to explain how poorly structured that company is. Hopefully they continue to outsource and I can just collect!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a present employee in Bridgewater, I will remain anonymous, but can say that this company is not honest with employees. They demand "mandatory overtime" when they need bodies, but will lay you off without notice anytime. However, one temp is still there because he brags that he is related to one of the founders of the company. Sounds like he is going nowhere. Hoping they lay me off soon--what B.S!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it still really as bad as most of the posters are saying?

I'm curious what type of roles the people in this forum have/had with AHM.

Surely, they are doing more than dinner meetings. Where I worked in pharm, our attorney and the compliance officer restricted the types of dinner meetings we could have as sales reps.

Does AHM ever train everyone on that compliance stuff?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me what AHM is really good at and where they are weak.....from a perspective client view?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AHM was a good company at one time that valued their employees, and went the extra mile for the client.

Now that the company is owned by Arlington Capital VC (Venture Capital), it has lost its company moral and awesome work culture. Now that it is all about the numbers, they have outsourced a lot of the operations to the Philippines and unfortunately AHM now cant deliver on anything due to its bloated, incompetent IT teams, and ineffective software solutions. PFX - (Pretty Friggin X_____)

From a compliance stand point, its just a matter of time before the wheels start coming off of the AHM machine.

If I were a prospective client, I would go with a smaller company that would value your business.

Heck... maybe once AHM loses the bid for your business, it might just go and buy the company you went with to avoid AHM... Ask the Advogent employees that got acquired how happy they are to be an AHM employees. (The few that made it)

Another great fact about the company is Arian/Advanced Health Media - Does not promote people of color, or any race other than the white people to Sr. Management. Ask to see the org chart...

Still not convinced... Go find out for yourself and let them take a swing at your business, and after they nickel and dime you along the way for software tweaks and enhancements I will do my best to not say "I told you so!"

Good Luck!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does AHM have a Compliance Officer?

As for not promoting people of color, that's not that unusual in the pharmaceutical and medical device business. There are a few tokens here and there in senior management, and mostly black males. You can almost forget it if you are a black female, unless you are lucky to find a role in HR, Diversity, or Public Relations.