Are you going to stand up for a child's life Shire Reps and managers????

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire team,

Do you have the courage to do what is right and save a young boy's life? Known of you should sleep well if you do not take action right now to change your company's policy.

There is never a wrong time to do what is right.

By the way, your customer's throughout Chicago are seeing this and its going viral on facebook. Guess what your sales will be doing soon? If you have no heart for a boy, I am sure you do for your pocket book.

http://mundelein.suntimes.com/news/mundelein_boy_denied_access_to_life_saving_drug_-MUN-01272014:article

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should have been "none of you"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Job security makes cowards of us all.....I suppose.

Do any of you have a spine or a moral bone in your body?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would a rep do to influence the CEO?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?

one man with courage can move mountains

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note to any non-pharma posters of commentary: This site, while seemingly useful for your purposes, is pure fodder for mostly sales people who like to vent, gossip and otherwise complain. Feel free to post at will, but you're better off pursuing your cause through more effective channels.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to read both sides of the story read your internal email today from Shire on this matter. But my guess this is a laid off employee who is disgruntled or just likes to stir a pot on a site like this.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am reading this for the first time so I really have no bias. The answer to one question should really determine whether you supports Shire's stance on their reasoning to providing treatment to this child or not.

If this was a child of the Shire CEO or a high profile politician do you think the medication would be available their son? I think we all know the answer. If the Shire CEOs son was in an identical situation we all know what the course of action would be. IMO I am disgusted and I have worked in pharma/biotech foe 15 years.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly. Many companies have compassionate use programs and seem to get products approved.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Okay people. Look at this from a couple different perspectives.
    1. This is your child. By all means, I would do anything in the world to help my child. I don't blame the parents at all for what they are doing.
    2. You're on the outside looking in. Clueless to the pharmaceutical industry. Shire is a big pharmaceutical company that doesn't care about its patients and only cares about the bottom line. Why should they care about one kid??
    3. You know how a drug comes to market and what ALL is involved. You sympathize with the family but understand the consequences of what "could happen."
    4. My child isn't even born yet. How selfish of these parents to jeopardize the success of a medication coming to market that could save the life of MY child and hundreds of others.

Which one are you?