Regenerative Medicine

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think that we can mover over to any openings that regenerative division has selling dermagraft-not sure what kind of product this is and how it stakes up against the competition. Thanks for any honest feedback.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck! I know a few people who have had very good numbers and didn't get the job. I think only one person from adhd has gone over? They it's some special job that we can't learn how to do for some reason!! What a joke!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I seen total comp around $170-$180-Any truth to this and are the quotas attainable?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea and that one person was friends with the hiring manager.. Not gonna happen

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The one I know of has been over there for quite some time and is in a ND, or SD??

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

140K only-though these guys were making $275-$300 a year? not worth switching over

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are at least 3 (that i am aware of) in the new hire class this month from Behavioral Health

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More bad information again on this board. (surprise,surprise)
    How about this- If you DONT know, or say..I think, or I heard....
    IF you were even to get a discussion with internal HR (or speak with an internal recruiter) for these opening you could learn some things...
    Its a sweet gig-but a lot of work. I hear there are a ton of applicants both internal and external for these openings.
    There are 2 different openings- Account Manager and Field Support. One is basically a device rep, the other- support for multiple reps.
    They have had a recent restructure to their bonus plan. No more making close to 300K(if that happened..) , but salaries for the current reps got bumped.
    The 2 positions have different salary/ bonus structures.
    The support position prefers a nursing degree or equiv.
    AM-Salary 90-100K (conservative), bonus at plan an extra 70K or so- paid out monthly
    FS-Salary 75-85K(conservative)-bonus at plan an extra 10-12K ish..
    There are a few that have made the jump over but they seem to have been PC winners, former RD's, they had to compete with other applicants in device.
    It seems like far from a gimme switch- but a possibility if you have a strong history of performance/ tenure, relationship with hiring manager.
    Just my 2 cents, but a LOT more accurate then the previous post saying 140K, I know that is not correct, and that wouldnt allow them to recruit current device reps like they are. It is better then i can make now, but $ doesnt go far in Cali., Id probably still need 2 jobs...lol

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is selling a "me too" brand of tissue equated to being a device rep?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regenerative Med division is sitting on a potential time bomb that will affect the CIA being put into place, ABH reps were shocked Shire bought the company. Medicare fraud scare anyone?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Newer does not mean a me too...
    You are a troll and its obvious that you also posted the next comment as well.

You probably dont have a high def TV either do you? Digital is just a good, right?
    Dont be a hater... go on and sell your OLD graph, obviously you are threatened by changes that are being made.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey sensitive, we bought the product from another company that had been marketing it. Is that "new" to you? How many companies have tissue? At least five. It's all about reimbursement anyway. We will live in die based off the dollar.

To the original statement, selling tissue is not selling a device. Of course, tell yourself what you want if it makes you feel special. Wake up bozo. Everyone doesn't make the soccer team in the real world

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The money being quoted in that division is definitely changing. I'm a former ABH rep who left not long after the Shire merger. But I still have many friends there and am friends with the current rep who replaced me. The bottom line is that at plan, the job WAS a $210k job. Top reps made well over $300k. Now that Shire has come in, they cut the comp down a bit for the coming year. The new estimates above are right. The real reps (not support) can still earn like $170-180k. The job is cake now compared to before, but for you pharma trolls who haven't sold much else, it is still a bit different. Most of you will struggle.

Before you "hate" on me because of what I said and call me out for leaving, just know that I left well over plan. I left because of the trouble I saw coming as well as not wanting to be associated with a pharma company in any way. I had always been in devices. Was "sold" by a recruiter that this was a device job (it wasn't- but is more device then anything you pharma folks do). I left to go back to devices.

Bottom line- I doubt most of you lifer pharma folks are cut out for the gig. But if you are lucky enough to know someone and get an opportunity, I'd take it. It is a big upgrade over pushing pills and catering. It may even give you enough experience to one day go get a light device job.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, I appreciate the above information, although im not sure the person posted it will ever be described as someone with a self-esteem issue. I agree that device is definitely different than pharma. Unfortunately, pharma over the years, steals away many of the natural selling skills that you once had before you took the pharm position. Again, I agree with the above post even though it does seem to be a little harsh towards the pill pushers. It's definitely a different sell......some device folks might not ever have the skill set to do a pharm job. And before someone says, "they would never want one", that might be true, but it does take a different person in each field to be successful. Most pill pushers were really good at closing deals before they were sucked into the pharma world. They can learn again....I did.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK- so yes, I am the person who doesn't suffer from self-esteem issues. Yes- I acknowledge that there are a small percent of pharma reps who CAN actually sell. Not really what I was going for with this post though. What I meant was that compared to a job where you don't make a transactional sale, and you have no real ability to hold customers accountable for their failure to live up to promises, it is quite a change. Most pharma reps won't be able to make the transition.

I also will agree with your point that many good device reps would struggle in pharma. These hunter type mentality people will quickly get bored without the thrill of the kill. That boredom would lead to frustration and a very disgruntled employee. Just not a good fit. There are different sets of skills needed for sure.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It seems that we are bringing in a bunch of wound care experts from smith and nephew and KCI. I guess they will show us the way

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far the two people (my boss and peer) I have met have brought fresh ideas. Very creative. Very talented.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard a few more BH reps got hired last minute by RM. good stuff.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seems like a good opprtunity but hard work. I heard the reps at Advanced Biohealing were doing crazy things for the business, like paying doctors bills, paying for remodeling of their homes, etc with their corp credit cards. If its that hard to sell, seems like a very high pressure job. Especially now that they aren't paying that big money! But it would be an entry into a better device job later I suppose!