Abbvie Shire Merger falling through?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Sep 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With new legislation making tax inversion less attractive will the merger fall through? From Barrons (July 18 2014:
    "A $1.6 billion breakup fee would be paid to Shire if the acquisition isn't completed -- even if regulators block it."

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is FINISHED!! YEAH!! F Off Abbvie!! Oh by the way, where is our checque for $1.6 Billion?!? FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Becareful what you wish for... sounds to me it just means more layoffs.

"The AbbVie-Shire deal may still go ahead, though AbbVie will likely lose upside from planned tax savings. AbbVie has said the transaction, scheduled to close in the fourth quarter, would allow it to reduce its corporate tax rate to 13 percent from 22 percent in 2016."

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear Abbvie has a neuro pipeline with no neuro division, doesn't it stand to reason that bringing a well respected neuro company into the fold could both help revenue worldwide with Shire products, and have a neuro sales force ready to go for pipeline products that make it.

Just trying to understand this deal a bit more, as I have been contacted by a recruiter for expansion opportunity.

Any real insight would be appreciated, please do not spit venom friends. Thanks in advance.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL at Abbvie's Nuero pipeline. In addition, Abbvie's beloved Humira is about to go generic. Look at the size of that sales force. All of which do not know what their fate will be with Abbvie. Do some research before you make the jump. Recruiters are not being very truthful.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recruiters are one step above politicians...bald face liars. They know shit about the jobs they're recruiting for. You are a piece of meat and a commission check. Many other and better ways to research a company and it's opportunities. No, I'm not going to tell you how...call your college placement dept.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The guy running the R&D for Neuroscience at AbbVie is so checked out. He's the DVP of the division and doesn't care. He's been updating his profile on Linked In looking to leave.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah ? Checked out ? Try confident and relaxed.

DETAILED RESULTS FROM BIOGEN IDEC AND ABBVIE’S PIVOTAL PHASE 3 DECIDE STUDY FURTHER DEFINE THE EFFICACY AND SAFETY PROFILE OF ZINBRYTA™ (DACLIZUMAB HIGH-YIELD PROCESS)
    Friday, September 12, 2014 7:30 am EDT
    − Data Confirm ZINBRYTA™ is Superior to AVONEX® in Reducing Annualized Relapse Rate –
    − First Presentation of Full DECIDE Results at ACTRIMS-ECTRIMS Meeting –
    CAMBRIDGE, Mass. & NORTH CHICAGO, Ill.Today Biogen Idec (NASDAQ: BIIB) and AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV) announced the full results from the Phase 3 DECIDE clinical trial, which show ZINBRYTA™ (daclizumab high-yield process), dosed subcutaneously once a month, demonstrated a statistically significant improvement in reducing disease activity in people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) compared to AVONEX® (interferon beta-1a).
    These results are being presented at the Sixth Triennial Joint Meeting of the Americas Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis and the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ACTRIMS-ECTRIMS) in Boston.
    “The full results from DECIDE demonstrate that ZINBRYTA significantly improved key measures of multiple sclerosis disease activity compared to AVONEX, including reducing annualized relapse rate and new brain lesion development,” said Ludwig Kappos, M.D., chair, Department of Neurology and head, MS-Research Group, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland, and lead investigator for DECIDE. “These results help us better understand ZINBRYTA as a potential treatment option for people with relapsing-remitting MS.”

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMG, seriously? Duodopa and dac. That's all they got in neuro. There is no pipeline. The 126 drug failed in Alzheimer's and they have no funding for schizophrenia for it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Between this and Duodopa - 2 orphan compounds. No pipeline.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doug F. is a tool. Please...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AbbVie will suck the life from you all.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Deal is likely off. Word is, after meeting our awesomely skilled and highly talented management teams in Chicago, they realized what a house of cards Shire has become.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read wall street journal post evening of 10-14

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does this mean I won't get a package? I've been so inspired by looking for work and the packages the execs negotiated for themselves. Man, I am so incented to work for these clowns now!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hooray now we just need to get rid of FO and the other board members who sold us out all while lining up to collect million $$$ bonuses for themselves

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can we dump the FO lackeys PS and KK while we are at it? I think we see stuck with them - who'd want them?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, it's clear that Ireland didn't want the Shabbieass deal to go through, either. You lucky people have been saved from those evil puppetmasters. Thank you Dick Durbin and thank you, my lucky leprecaun for shutting this Shabbieass white collar scam down. Everyday,the Shabbvie news gets better 'n better. Karma has come a'calling.

http://lat.ms/ZsO51h

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget to dump our wonderful head of hr, gg!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FO is nothing but a cloud of doom and gloom wherever he may roam.