First MSL territory plan

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Aug 9, 2013 at 9:15 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a PhD with pharma experience, and just landed my first interview with a company that was recently a client of mine. I'm comfortable with their product and will prepare a scientific presentation, but I was also asked to give a 20 min presentation of my goals and objectives for the first 30, 60, and 90 days of my territory plan, and what I'd like to accomplish in those time frames.

I have never made a territory plan before. Can anyone here give some advice on basic concepts the interviewer will be looking for me to address?

I've asked a friend who is a sales rep, and they provided some of the information below. However any additional information I can gain from an MSL themselves would be greatly appreciated!

"I'm guessing the 1st 30 days would consist of doing pre-call background research on each KOL, KOL introductions/explaining your role and features/benefits you bring.

60-day plan would be following up on introduction calls and ranking KOLs high/med/low to help understand where time/resources are best utilized.

90-day plan would be to have KOL input fully documented in a format for corporate. Analysis on where the possible product stands...Positives/negatives...suggestions. Have a list of candidates interested in round table discussions and start to roll those out."

Thank you!!