LERS No More

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2014 at 9:05 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have not met or herad of a MGAM that had an impact on sales or an IDS. I am sure there is a good one out there but it is the exception. A good representative does what they say they do. It's all good. Gig is over folks no big creative writing skills needed any more....

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love when one of the gam's joins our district tc's. You can hear the walls echo from them sitting at home not to mention kids playing and dogs barking in the background. This summer we had some mid day tc's with the area gam's and we could hear pool splashing in the background. Gam's are scams and bam! Riad made aware of the sham and all to be canned. These fools have to reapply for their scam job again but outsiders will prevail including reps (yes, reps). There will be delislingers that replace bathrobe slingers. Gam's, wtf have you done over the years? Zero.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo soooo correct!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I love this topic. Tic toc tic toc, soon the grifters jobs will be posted on C Link for all to see. That should get the mgams out of their robes.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I my goodness so true!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, MAE are a smoke screen. They should be let go because they do not drive revenue for the company, but they have a lot to say about you and me if we don't kiss A__! Over paid!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! I asked to train under a specific LER. He was great and worth his weight in gold. A pharmacist by trade. He never got the VP award, even as a top performer. Your post is right on. He didn't get it because he didn't play the game. So sad. Glad I left this company.

As a top sales performer I was not sure how I could go further. Every Manager I had gave me a different formula and when I applied it, they said in my performance review, "Great ideas, we will make it happen next year". Then a new manager with their own agenda came into place. Same response.

Morale was horrible and from my contacts now it is worse! I will not be surprised if we will be bought. Of course, who wants us now! Our pipeline stinks! They let go of the most competent. Our sales force was great, but know one values us - sorry!

Run for the hills!

To all the sales professionals I have worked with in the field - You are great people!

May the sun shine on your career!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So right! Ever ask them about product?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many accounts are denying access to reps and the mgams try to infiltrate the facility to smooze the top brass. I have found that simply rounding up all the reps that call on a account over Starbucks can solve the problem. The mgams try to be a ghost QB from home, that doesn't work. The best reps can still do their business in closed accounts. I wouldn't even bother reposting for these jobs, give certain account responsibility to the reps that know their sh#t. Everyone knows which reps can get things done, let em at it.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LER implies leadership and one does not get that by a teleconference or calling someone to find out what they are doing! LER was bastardized from the start when they picked yes folks instead of leaders...RD's did not want leaders because leaders make them think and challenge many of the stupid things that come from UG/WP and the RD's really wanted asskissing yes people that would rubber stamp anything that came down the pike (sumneytown that is) and that's exactly what they got! Very few everyday reps respected their product or customer knowledge so it was a dead issue! In one region the LERs would pick a real rep with knowledge to assist them in training or presentation to give credence to a worthless made up program coming from upper management, it was quite evident that the helper should actually have been the LER and the LER should have been outside learning! Merck has become a bellcow for social experimentation and it has driven a once great sales organization in the ground! Just ask yourself why Merck needed 6-10 reps in a territory instead of 2-3 hardworking ones...easy to see now...sorry I've got to go one of my kids is sick!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said but with the demise of the LER's, it don't matter anymore. Many have said, look around, certain people are being shuffled around for a reason. Think about it.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How bout them Utah LER's? Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaaa!

They ALL sucked ass

And they all kissed ass

None of them are worth a shit

Which is why they were the chosen ones

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generally speaking all the reps in utah suck ass. Especially the self-righteous ones. They have all the excuses and conspiracy theories you could ever imagine going on.

The only good thing about them is not having to see the pricks at meetings.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's face it, none of them ever led anything anyhow. It's another joke of a "career" at Merck.