Company Car

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best deal? There are better deals, for certain. Genentech pays their reps about $800/month allowance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too cheap to pay that here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My car gets 17 miles a gallon, and I just learned that I am really upside down.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try CRS employee on post #26.
    If you really run the numbers any CRS reimbursement program is a money loser for the reps.
    CRS makes it sound fair, but they present tainted info and leave out the downsides to the program.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a flip about The Car Deal. When you have to work with/for a bunch of bipolar wachkos, it doesnt matter what ef'n car you're driving...your pathetic life will be miserable as these people do their thing which is run off ANY talent that threatens them and thier absolutlelty low levels of business sense and leadership ability!

Do yourself the greatest favor you could imagine - don't go to work for these assholes - EVER! They sing a very good song the first 3 months, then begin to show their Mr. Hyde side very quickly. They will make you feel lower than pond scum and if you complain, they'll cook up some BS with H.R. and fire you....it will be a horrible vocational experience, so just skip it and shop on!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like a disgruntled low performer that was fired is up late tonight replying to 4 year old posts. Get another job you miserable fuck and move on.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good question and you should ask specifics about the program. It is a lousy reimbursement program. Do not get a nice car like I did. You will get screwed. My boss told me to buy new. Not a smart financial decision. It should be a deal breaker. I have already had someone run into me in a hospital parking lot. (Drove away so no police report..and I didn't report to insurance because it makes premiums go up and it shows up on car fax when you sell). Anyway 3K worth of damage. All out of my pocket. It would be a good deal if they gave you more per month. But I am upside down by about 400 a month.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who is your boss? That ring ding DJ??? Damage will show up when you sell via the VIN unless your shop doesn't report to the DMV. fyi.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not a bad deal. I'd ratehr driver what I want. They gonna keep raising the personal use charge on us. If you get a reasonable efficient car it works out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So true!!! I just quit this year simply because of management which was a micromanaging maniac, who had no memory. The waste of time mandatory weekly calls with management were a repeat from week to week discussing accounts that had already been discussed. The every other week ride alongs were unproductive. Can we say alzheimer's or just being a jerk? Anyway, one of my customers got me the next job....so much happier.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know of anyone fired, but I know a ton of people who have left. I just feel sorry for the ones that want out so desperately to get away from the bad managers, but they can;t get out in this economy. The car reimbursement is pretty good or I should say "expected" and average payout for this industry. I like it because I can drive what I want. As long as your car is 35K or less, you are good. I don't know of anyone on my team that is making money, but that is because everyone is driving nice cars, so we are upside down a few hundred dollars. It is not a problem for us. Heck, we drive BMWs, loaded Toyotas and Hondas, Mercedes. decked out Trucks. So much better than a company car. Love my sunroof and leather seats.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CBMs PLEASE READ THIS!

I just need to reply to both of the above comments and say they are DEAD on. I cannot even tell you all how bad my experience at Cubist was as a CBM. The saddest thing was that I LOVED my job for the first year+ and I loved the company. I had also high regard and respect for Eric Kimble, and still do to a degree, but that waned also when I couldn't believe what was going on with my situation, and how he let his managers do what they were doing. Then I started to scratch my head and realized that a lot of things at Cubist get "brushed under the rug". Especially when the first-line/2nd line managers DO NOT HAVE a clue about coaching, counseling, training or helping CBMs be successful. Why is that?? Because Cubist has a very weak management training program in place. If the CBM is on the Cubist "list", they are golden and get promoted.Because sales are good!It doesn't matter what their skill sets are! So.like the previous poster said...they take talent and totally run it into the ground and make the person miserable.They feel threatened, especially if they feel that the CBM challenged them on something...even something small. It is THEN that they start the process and blow your self-esteem and self-worth all to hell. My experience was horrendous, and it degraded me because I am a great rep and person who worked their butt off, day in and day out, when I KNEW of others in my region who didn't do a damn thing ALL DAY. AND they are still there because their territory is golden. Instead of wasting their time bullying a good, honest, hard-working rep who had a few serious account issues, they should have been looking at others who were dishonest and not working and were an administrative nightmare over and over again. My manager offered little to no help to me at all with the accounts that were bailing on Cubicin most likely because he didn't know what to do. So the easy way out was to bully me, go on a witch hunt, put words in my mouth and use them against me.One of the managers was constantly condescending and rude to me, once they felt challenged, and it never stopped. They even went so far as to ridicule me in front of my peers and also dock me on totally "subjective" criteria that had no effect on sales. I cant say that ALL the mgrs are inadequate but I havent heard too many good things about many of them.But it isnt totally the manager's fault. It's Cubist's fault for promoting them without assessing or training them.I used to wonder what they do all day?and I also wonder HOW in the world Cubist gets away with it in 2011?? It truly is pathetic and my hope is that it catches up to them some day.I have NEVER heard or seen such brutal treatment of reps in a long career in pharma that I have had. All of you talented reps at Cubist....if you are truly happy there, then that is a great thing. But please beware of all of the above, and don't let ANYONE at Cubist make you feel as LOW as they did to me. It took me a long time to get over how they mentally, and emotionally beat me up but it was a blessing in disguise in the end because I am out of there and into an amazing career with a manager and company who truly recognizes my skills, talents and creativity and is allowing me to use those skills to my greatest capacity. Final thought....do not believe a word they say about how quotas are calculated. I am sure I am opening myself up here for a lot of abuse and snide comments. It's ok..I can take it because nothing could be worse than the experience I had at Cubist as a CBM. And I believe in my heart that it's CUBIST's loss. Good luck to all of you whether you stay there or not....just please take seriously what I have said here.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eric sweeps everything under the rug. He is a male cheerleader with pom poms!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shut your hole and go sell some JEMS

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what are the typical ride-along schedules in your areas? how often does your manager ride with you? what are their field reports like? mine seems to be quite frequent!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most of them dont ever ride with anyone. You will never see a senior director ride with anyone either They all lie on their activity reports and vp doesn't have a clue. Or like the above poster said he brushes it under the rug. I Love the leading by example.....I never work either.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My boss either worked with me every two weeks or had someone else work with me or I had to work with someone every two weeks. Too much micromanaging, so I quit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cubist still have car allowance?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I prefer a fleet car along with my fleet enema

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm at Aegerion pharma. Our car allowance is $1000 a month plus .55 a mile. Yours is okay, but not great.