Layoff

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corporate HR philosphy is to eliminate functions, projects, and departments. That way they avoid discrimination lawsuits. So to be a bit insulated from a RIFF make sure you have a critical function on an important project in a department that shows up on your basic Harvard Business School Organizational Chart. If you are in a unique department, watch out. Of course all the surviving managers are allowed some openings to which you may apply. That way they can basically retain who they want and avoid discrimination cases.

Early on I was told that You are responsible for your career. Therapy Sales Rep? Where do you find that job on a standard org chart. Account sales, that's on there (better be hitting your number). Watch out if you are getting involved in a non-revenue producing program (such as Carelink sales - or Carelink Express sales). You are basically setting yourself up to be the next person looking for work.

good luck to all. I've managed to keep dodging this for 25 years. Getting to an age where I know that I will be their next target. If they offer me a management position in Carelink sales I know that I'm screwed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks ass wipe.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was Riff'd 4 years ago after only being with MDT for 6 months. It certainly hurt, and I was pretty nervous about finding another job. That said, the job market was much different then and I found a new job in 6 weeks. Now people are struggling to find work in 6-12 months time and worse. I am thankful and proud to have MDT on my resume, but the company is not the same one Earl started in his garage, it is run by investors not scientists.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After 6 months??? See, that should be a crime. A person quits a job, relocates their family, and then WHAM!!! Now, they're unemployed.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you draw a good salary there you are a potential RIF target - doesn't matter if you work hard or not.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right. God help you if you're near the top of your pay band. You've got a target on your back.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, sounds to me like an HR person is reading and responding to C.P. !

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As long as they have a pathetic excuse that tugs on the heartstrings, they can continue indefinitely.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Bill Hawkins. Now go comb your hair over your bald head.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It certainly is not the company that Earl started. However, it will still be better if it was run by investors, I mean the long term investors. I has been run by the MBAs, and NOT the scientists, at least in the last 10 years. These are the MBAs who don't believe in accountability, or at least don't practice it. Therein lies the problem. So the problems built up over the years. Now the rank and file take the hit. The question is, will Omar have the guts to break-up the MBA mafia?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MBAs with no science training? How about engineers or scientists with MBAs?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So are you guys urging to stay away from job offers within Carelink sales or support? Please elaborate more.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Save yourself by asking ONE question. Does the job PRODUCE revenue solely accountable to the position?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would MDT interview and hire for carelink positions and turn around, let them go? These people are leaving good jobs to do what? Get fired in a couple of months?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The good thing is these bad apples get left behind to hire friends and family who are just like them! :)

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey ASS MUNCH. Bite me!

World needs more of you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The CEO and senior management works very hard and is well deserving of the small pay they receive. We do no work the hours our super leaders do and have no pressure compared to them. Our leadrs are GODS and more than human, maybe even demi-god like. Bow to our masters. Praise our superiors, they will lead us well and we will benifit from the crumbs they drop for us. We shoud be glad they let us keep working...

We are not worthy...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hallowed are the executives!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, just some smartass thinking they're being funny.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about it. Carelink has been provided at no cost for years and now you to generate revenue from by putting a monitor in the ER? Which a call to Medtronic will have a rep there within an hour or so at no charge. If this strategy makes sense to you, jump in.