Anyone know when the NVTS transaction will finalize

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they said the transaction with Novartis will close in the first half of 2015, but that's a very wide range. I was thinking if the particular date will have an impact on when the employees get laid off

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As of last week, March 2nd close

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what happens after close, will there be a new round of cuts at GSK for the newly acquired former novartis vaccine staff? whats the chance of staying onboard in R&D

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had heard Feb 2nd.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know if this affects the USA part of the deal, but the EU antitrust regulators have not yet ruled on this deal. Last I heard, they said the would rule on or before 1/14

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will effect as it is global transition.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

March 2

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

end of March was the latest word. For what I hear, reps will have the choice to stay on at Novartis or get a severance and leave. also get severance if fired within 2 years by Novartis.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

March 2nd is still the target date. Reps and DSMs will not have the choice to go to Novartis or take a package. All of Oncology is going to Novartis, if Novartis decides they don't need them within 2 years they get a GSK severance package. Get laid off 2+ years from now and get a Novartis package.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on. That is it . The deal will close on March 2nd

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

? ... detailing the same products? time to start studying Novartis oncology portfolio?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not know the answer but I would think since they are buying our entire Oncology group that at least initially everything would be the same except that now your paycheck comes from Novartis.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe initially, but I would study up on Votrient if you sell Tafinlar/Mekinist. why have 2 forces targeting the same ppl?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

.... really? ... but anyway I can only guess at how the Novartis onc and GSK onc sales forces will be eventually combined.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like jaime abandoned ship again.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you think it is more likely that the Novartis Reps will be trained on our products? I'm sure some of us will stay but I'm guessing more of us will end up leaving before the end of the year. A good friend of mine was a Chiron Rep when Novartis bought them 10 years ago. He said they were almost all gone within 3 years.

Good luck everyone. This too shall pass.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question - How many Glaxo Oncology reps/managers are there?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe there are several hundred in the US.

19. Pharmafarma

Pharmafarma Guest

EU & US has cleared the deal.

Due conditions for 100% legal clearance, would close around Christmas this year.

For people transaction, Day 1 = 3rd of March.

Good Luck !

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who knows what it means with the divestion of melanoma in order to get US FTC clearance? Those working on the brand???