How many lost their jobs?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Mar 1, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how many people from the field have lost their jobs?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw this place. Glad I left years ago. Bunch of idiots, butt kissers, and "diversity" promoted to run this place. No wonder US Pharma in shambles.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Btw, this does not include all of the great people who I worked with here. Many wonderful people who were talented, smart, dedicated, and patient focused. This company's bad management resulted in tremendous people losing their livelihoods. Complete and total shame from people who gave their all to this company. Sucks.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

then why come back to this site......please go forward with your life and stop looking back !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not as many as will in the next year and a half. Like most of our competitors, those of us that are working every day are running into each other out here. I have a feeling that new "leadership" is gonna want to do something bold to show that he's better than our recently deposed Queen (and better than he was when he got our meds booted out of the top PBM. )

Mark my words, we're going to lose a good third of us in the next year. Like Michael's line in the Godfather when Tessio showed his hand: "Its the smart move"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty soon this will need to move to the Lost Civilizations board of CafePharma.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: "I got kicked out of this company several years ago and still have not gotten over it and that is why I hang out on this board. I am jealous of those that still remain."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey stupid- I made it through 3 rounds of layoffs easily, had great position when I left ON MY OWN. I actually wanted to see how many people in my old area got let go. You are obviously one of the aforementioned jerkoffs who got kept due to filling some quotient. Trust me, not jealous of you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can only speak to medcenter - not rtp,pharmacy team-rce's-seniorcare - and so on....number we were told during one of our many calls was moving from approximately 280 to 100. So 2/3's of our friends gone in medcenter.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Translation: "I thoughts I was safe, but got kicked out after the third round. I am suffering major butt-hurt after that, so that is why I continue to hang out on this board making stupid comments. It is the only way I can deal with all the hate and anger I have about getting the boot. I am jealous of those that remain with the company."

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmacy went from 60 to 33. Think there was at one point over 80.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think they cut deep enough into pharmacy. They should go ahead and eliminate the rest.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who lost jobs in Pensacola?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

huge mistake ever having a pharmacy team and an asthma team. we had pharmacy relationships for a long time and that was a real bad move.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

75 respiratory educators and 8 managers reduced to 19 branded educators and 3 managers.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So WHEN can field reps go back into pharmacies, now that management sort-of admits their mistake on this?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously the stupid label fits. I left ON MY OWN. I DID NOT GET "KICKED OUT". Please translate that. Not "jealous", as you say. Way happier and make way more money. Grateful and blessed, not jealous. Sad that good friends lost their jobs. They are left searching for next phase. Glad you enjoy GSK and hope you have a long tenure there.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After 32 years I was displaced and offered the severance package. (very generous) It has been one hell of a ride. Very sad to to see what has become of this once great company and the person thay have chose to run it. My heart breaks for my counterparts who raised their hands to leave but were not chosen. Good luck to all that remain and for those that want to leave good luck as I believe within 6-9 months there will be additional layoffs.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW, 32 years, congratulations on your retirement. From Joe Ruvane to Ernie Mario to Charlie Sanders, then Morrow and now AW. You have seen the best of times and the worst of times. No one will replicate the Glaxo run from 1983 to 2003.Best wishes for your next 32 years!

After 32 years I was displaced and offered the severance package. (very generous) It has been one hell of a ride. Very sad to to see what has become of this once great company and the person thay have chose to run it. My heart breaks for my counterparts who raised their hands to leave but were not chosen. Good luck to all that remain and for those that want to leave good luck as I believe within 6-9 months there will be additional layoffs.[/QUOTE]

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not quite 30 years here and oh what a great ride the early days were...
    Hard to forget the trips to Hawaii or the $18,000 - $25,000 bonuses per QUARTER...
    Yes QUARTER!!
    Now i'm an old fart lookin back at the old days and realizing how good we had it.
    Thank you Zantac.