Vyvanse vs Concerta-not good for us

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://shire.com/shireplc/en/investors/investorsnews/irshirenews?id=990

The dose optimization phase (which is real life) didn't separate at all from Concerta so there will be no real advantage for us going forward. I worry Abbvie will see this and send us packing our bags since Vyvanse isn't really growing and they really don't need us marketing it. If I was Abbvie I would just send out coupons and market this online. Our division is in real trouble I think.

Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put your hands around your neck and keep squeezing till I say stop

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think the only reason our sales force is needed hinges on that h2h data outcome, you don't sound that confident in your role w/i the sales force. Truthfully, you don't even sound like a part of our sales force.

Just saying'

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abbvie knows as well as anyone that Vyvanse is a mature product and there is no reason to have a ton of reps promoting it now. This data will only help them make that decision

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wise up, the shire rep isn't going to become extinct no matter what the life cycle of Vyvanse is. Why you ask, 1) because the industry demands face to face interaction. 2) doctors are promotionally sensitive 3) it's a multi-billion dollar drug and still has 9-10 years left. The sales force is just a small expense and we know what happened in 2013 when DB, CES decided to cut the sales force....we tanked in Q1 for the first time ever. When Flemming changed course what happened??? Sales turned around and started trending above 2012. In addition, they are trying to launch The triple beaded XR system to protect Vyvanse. Yes,I said protect Vyvanse... Just use your brain and logically think it to it's conclusion. Listen, I am not a FO or PS fan, they are shady characters and are selling Shire out. But your statement was stupid, will people get let go, most likely. I hope it is the bottom feeders, the mediocre 10+ year rep or RD who is average on a good year. Or the 2 ZD's that are complete idiots who can't put together a simple business plan, they have to farm it out to RD's. Will good people get cut, most likely but if you are good at what you do you will get recruited by someone. I would suggest building your network now just in case.