After The F2F Interview - Emails, Hiring Manager Contact, Status, etc.

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jun 18, 2009 at 12:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello again, I am the person who posted the thread "Everything You Wanted To Know - F2F interview Information" after my interview in LA 2 weeks ago. Obviously, I am like many of you who have had their F2F interviews...I really want the job, but I feel like I am in limbo right now. The discouraging thing to me is that I have heard through other threads that many candidates have been contacted by their hiring manager (after the F2F) and told that they did well and will be receiving an offer in July, I am not one of those. I have had some very promising follow up from Amgen, which I will list below, but I have not heard anything from my hiring manager. Here is what I have experienced so far:

1. After interviewing with 2 people in LA I asked them both for their email addresses so that I could send them a thank you letter and I was given emails for both people I interviewed with.

2. When I returned home I sent thank you letters, via email, to both people that I interviewed with.

3. Received email entitled "Employment Update" from Amgen, the day after I interviewed, with the following message, "Thank you for recently completing an interview for a position with Amgen! We value the time that you have spent considering Amgen as a potential employer and invite you to take 3 minutes to provide feedback to us about your experience in our hiring process. Your opinion is important to us as we strive to ensure that all applicants are treated in the most courteous, professional and efficient manner.
    Please be advised that survey responses are anonymous and do not have any effect on your consideration for employment with Amgen.
    You should expect to be notified of the status of your application within the next 3-5 days."

4. Received another "Employment Update" from Amgen email within 5 business days of my F2F interview. The email contained the following message, "Thank you for taking the time to participate in the interview process for the Sr. Biopharmaceutical Rep., XYZ Territory (somewhere in the greater Los Angeles/San Diego area). Your interest in Amgen as a potential employer is appreciated. You are still under consideration for this position. Currently, we have all of the information we need. We will be in touch as soon as decisions are made regarding next steps."

5. Received an email from one of the people that I interviewed with who I had sent a thank you letter to (not the hiring manager, but the other person). It was a nice but rather generic response, but still nice to get a response. It did not indicate any future steps nor did it indicate if I was being moved forward.

6. Received a call from a friend in HR from an old company that I worked for that a person from "Lexis Nexis" (I believe this is who Amgen has doing the background checks) had called and was doing a background check on my employment history with them. Obviously, this is probably a good thing.

7. I received an email entitled "Cafe Pharma Statement" from an Amgen Regional Recruiter that stated the following, "We have been notified about a posting on Café Pharma that purports to be a June 12, 2009 Reuters story on denosumab. No actual Reuters story has been issued. This appears to be a hoax. Amgen continues to work with the FDA on the denosumab file and remains confident that denosumab may offer an important new option for osteoporosis patients."

8. That is the last contact I received, my current status on the web-site states the following, "Thank you for taking the time to consider opportunities with Amgen. We have all of the information we need at this time. Should you be selected, you will be contacted regarding the next steps."

As I stated earlier, I have not heard anything from the hiring manager after our F2F interview. I would think that all of the above contact information that I have received is a very good thing, especially the background check by Lexis Nexis. I am currently interviewing with 3 other companies, but Amgen is my 1st choice. Two of the companies I am interviewing with are ready to move me to the final stage and fly me out to the East Coast for a final interview next week. They are both looking at starting dates of early July. I am trying to drag them out as long as possible, but there is only so much you can do without taking yourself out of consideration. While I am very happy to be in this position, I hate not knowing more about where I stand with Amgen. As one person put it, "Being in limbo kind of sucks!" I am not the type of person who would take a job with another company and then leave them 2 weeks later when Amgen made me an offer. If I had heard something from the hiring manager at Amgen I would cancel the interviews and wait for the Amgen offer, but since I am limbo I am moving forward with the opportunities that I feel are a good fit for me. Even if I were the 2nd choice for my territory, I would still like to know rather than be in limbo.

That is it for me, I will keep you posted on this thread should I receive any other contact from Amgen over the coming weeks.

I think it would be great if others who have had a F2F interview would comment on this thread as to what type of follow up they have received as far as contact from the regional recruiter or hiring manager is concerned, after there F2F interview. Obviously, the more information you include regarding where you interviewed, the general location of where your territory might be, etc. ... the better. Perhaps we can figure out if only a small portion of DMs are contacting their prospective hires, or if indeed all of the hiring managers are contacting those that they are moving forward. Thanks to everyone for the many great threads I have seen over the past couple of weeks at Cafe Pharma.

Good luck to all during this process...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi! Great email/post.

I had my face to face in Chicago this week.

I feel it went really well. I am excited about this company!!
    I wrote both the interviewers as well to thank them. I have not heard back from them, but it has not been long since I wrote the thank you emails.

By the way...I was sure on the hiring manager's email, but not so sure on the second interviewers. Is it their first name and then @amgen? Just double checking.

I checked my status and it says the same thing yours says.

I also got the survey. I completed it.

I have not heard anything else.

Thank you for your professionalism in your posts.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get off of the ledge my friend!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed in Philly and have had no contact with the hiring manager nor am I aware if they have done a background check on me. I did ask for their e-mail addresses and both interviewers said that they are not handing out cards. When I guessed at their e-mail, they came back undeliverable.

I would hope that the fact that I was not able to get an e-mail to them will not be detriment if I am the ideal candidate since they directly said that they are not handing out cards.

I also received the short survey and feel that this is standard. My status says the same as OP above- #8

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I interviewed in LA 6/3 and everything/all follow up & e-mails exactly like the OP....I sent f/u emails to both mgrs and got a response from 1 not the HM (generic yet professional & polite), my status reads "we have all the info we need...." I have not yet received a copy of my b/g check and I did check the box on the application....probably not a good sign.

However, I am wondering same as OP....some Hiring Mgr's may be contacting people soon after the F2F but perhaps this is not Standard protocol....maybe it's on a case by case basis & depends upon the HM's personal style. Also, maybe the people who have been contacted by the HM already know the HM due to past work exp??? If so, that's great for the people who've been contacted & good luck to all but if anyone can provide more info. it would certainly help those of us who are waiting in the wings. Thanks!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Perhaps someone in an upcoming F2F interview can ask about this rumor and find out for sure if all hiring managers will be contacting their top picks early, as seems to have happened to a few candidates, OR if many hiring managers will be waiting until mid-July before any contact is made... I am hoping that the contact by hiring managers after the F2F is more of a random thing and not the norm, but of course I have a hidden agenda...I am one of those in limbo after what I thought was a great F2F.

As for the email format, it varies according to last name, etc. for each person. It can be just their last name @ amgen.com or it could be their last name with a couple of initials before it @ amgen.com, no way to know for sure unless you get it from the person in question.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

got a call from dm today

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Philly DM?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Post #5 where did you interview? And please state when the interview occurred-what week? Thank you so much

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Philly last week.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wondering if anyone who interviewed in LA has heard back from a DM for any territories in South Orange County? Thanks!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had a f2f in Philadelphia.

I did not get thank you for interviewing email after interview.
    Did not get hoax email.
    DId not get survey email.

This all seems like a bad sign to me.

Current status on the website says "you have an interview appt scheduled. results are pending" along with some other pointless wording, but not what others are writing - mine seems less enthusiastic.

I am not excited about this opportunity b/c of the waiting period. If they are looking for the right "team" and going on how we fit in the puzzle, then why does it take 6 weeks after f2f interviews to figure this stuff out?

I am hopeful but not optimistic.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lancaster territory?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the original poster - I feel your pain. I'm in exactly the same situation. I don't know whether you are employed or unemployed, bit I wish you the best. I find it interesting that Amgen is putting so much stock in their first string choices and are letting their second string choices hang out to dry. I know several reps who got the call from the DM, but aren't completely sure that they want to go to Amgen (they are happily employed). It will have to be a very lucrative offer to lure them away. By the time they finally get around to making offers the second string may be nonexistant because they had to accept employment elsewhere.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great information OP. Thanks for posting. I am in the same boat as you with regards to Amgen. It seems to me that some DMs are calling prospective new hires but not every DM is doing this. I think that my hiring manager is burnt after three weeks of living in a hotel room so I am not going to worry about not hearing about my status. However, I will start following up on every lead no matter the quality of the company.

I can't believe I said that - there are some real bottom of the barrel companies hiring but a paycheck is a paycheck.

Good luck to all.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The person that had the DM call you. What did she/he say? Thanks for the info!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UPDATE

I had the f2f in Chicago this week.

I wrote earlier on this thread. I guessed at the second interviewers email and got it right! She wrote me back. Very nice and professional. :)

I will keep everyone up to date on any new things that happen to me. I understand the anguish and stress we are all going through! :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the format you used for their e-mail? I will try again sending them an e-mail. But it has been a week since I interviewed and I feel that is a little late.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

use their first name then @amgen.com
    It is not too late! Email him/her. Go for it! :)