SEROQUEL PATENT EXPIRES ON September 26, 2011 !

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AstraZeneca's patent on Seroquel expires on September 26, 2011.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Teva's generic respules is out December this year!

3. Judtech

Judtech Guest

And TEVA wouldn't DREAM of launching an at risk seroquel before then would they!! Good thing our legal team showed them what it was like to mess with AZ when they tried that with respules!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but we now have Seroquel XR....and remind me, what are the benefits of this over IR?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The benefit is to AZ, not the patient, dimwit! The benefit is that AZ makes more money if you Rx patented, and generic benefits only the patient and the healthcare system (i.e., everyone other than AZ).

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was being facetious. Try selling it. Absolutely zero benefits over seroquel.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about less sedation? I thought that was a benefit.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hear the prime selling point of Seroquel is that is causes sedation, so how would less sedation be a selling point?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Less sedation? There had never been a head-to-head trial (probably out of AZ fear of seeing the results), but if you look at sedation it is higher in the XR trials. Probably due to the XR and longer duration of action.

Seroquel IR was very predictable but that does not seem to be the case with XR.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks!

We can't have the reps telling doctors that XR causes less sedation -- they'd never write it for this off-label indication then!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever happened to the brand guy that was spiking the trainer back in the day? Is either one still around? What happened to their marriages? Did they marry?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When does XR SEROQUEL patent expire? September 26, 2011 patent expiration is for regular SEROQUEL.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not sure you should check the orange book.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when does the patent expire on Lipitor? That's going to create some problems for crestor

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This antipsychotic did nothing for me. Most patients grow out of there bipolar or schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old anyway.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

grow out of it? Now there is some fucking logic for ya

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are freaking out over two years????? Jesus, get a life!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me Im an expert in psychiatry, most patients do grow out of bipolar and schizophrenia by the time they turn 30 years old. Doctors only take advantage of 19 to 29 years old, just imagine a doctor telling a 30 year old he has bipolar or schizophrenia, it won't happen. Thats to old, a 30 year old would not fall for that such diagnosis, its silly to that age group.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're an expert in psychiatry, I'm the easter bunny. For one thing, psychiatrists know how to use the english language correctly. For another, you are pulling statistics out of your ass.

If you are going to pretend to be something that you're not, maybe you should pretend to be intelligent.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You still have delusional thinking. It appears you either never took your meds or didn't take enough. Good luck to you, hope you stop the doctors that take advantage of patients.