Topera Medical - AF?...hiring....Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm posting this on a couple of the AF related boards as need some fast feedback.....
    I got a call about this new company. They're looking for sales from reps through regional.
    Anyone know about them? They've just raised money and look to have decent data (from what I know!)
    Anyone have a take? I've been our of EP for a while but looking to get back in....
    Get back ASAP if you can......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rotor theory for AF
    They claim to have it answered.
    EVERYONE asking for real data.
    Asking price of Topera has dropped significantly
    Turns out, everyone thinks they can figure it out.
    50/50 they might be purchased by MDT or BSX
    Not much of a future

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company is up for sale? Recruiter told me they were well funded and looks from their website that they did a raise. Why the fuck do that if they're gonna sell out?
    Getting bought by BSX or MDT would be the worse news....frying pan, fire....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are absolutely trying to sell. Of course the recruiter is telling you they are well funded and not to worry about an acquisition. They just want to place you and get paid. They are not getting the price they want so they were forced to just recently raise 25 million, start hiring sales people, and move forward. That is just part of the game. The founders of the company want to get bought and get paid. Period. The big companies are hesitant to write a big check for essentially really slick software that could potentially be duplicated by the competitor. The companies that have 3d mapping systems are already trying to create software like Topera.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Saw their booth at heart rhythm and talked to a couple of docs. They were a big topic of conversation so easy to bring up.
    Stuff looks legit but early. Seems to work and the guys who've used it like it (one of my docs has been looking at it). They have a better system coming, you might want to wait for that..?
    Do your own homework if you are still interested, looks decent enough to me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topera and the whole Abbott EP thing will be interesting. The Topera technology is expensive, cost of catheters through the roof with now actual financial pro forma to address. The rank and file EPs seem to have a luke warm reception.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topera and the whole Abbott EP thing will be interesting. The Topera technology is expensive, cost of catheters through the roof with no actual financial pro forma to address. The rank and file EPs seem to have a luke warm reception.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physicians seem to be lukewarm at best about the technology. Apparently they've not hit their numbers since Abbott bought them in December, they've not been close on the number of new sites as well as revenues.