Retiree Insurance

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by Anonymous, Aug 15, 2011 at 9:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its on the same page as pussy, which shows your picture. It is so refreshing to have another elementary school teacher now as a "pharma sales rep". Hope you are correcting your doctor's grammar while feeding them pizza and thinking you are saving the world.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess your vocabulary is as small as it seems from your post if the dictionary you use has words beginning with PE as in pension and PU as in pussy on the same page. Most people use dictionaries with more words between those two than that. Those people would therefore have larger vocabularies from which to base their defense of the inability to spell a word. :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was quoted $845 for 2 - 85 plus points
    Wow what a deal

4. Catbird

Catbird Guest

That's about right because I am on Medicare. Does not go down. Still have to keep it because of spouse

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Husband and I are both Wyeth retirees-he is Medicare age and I'm not. My UHC PPO plan increased by a whole $3.77 for 2013-up to $114.77 now!! His Medicare Buy Up went from $40 to $59.77!! NO WAY could we get this coverage anywhere else. We think Pfizer is great!!!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If BMS continued to subsidize retiree health benefits, it would impact EPS and hence executive bonus potential. If you haven't figured out that this company DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, you are a complete idiot.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How to BMS retiree health benefits compare to those of other companies today?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone still left that thinks this might ever impact them?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My health insurance is almost $800 a month for 2. Topper Brick assured us that would never happen.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if you're old enough to remember Topper Brick, you're old enough to be on Medicare. I was paying close to $600 per year for one person!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of Medicare, what does BMS offer as a Medicare supplements?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember Topper, and I am a decade away from Medicare. I was downsized a few years ago. He forgot to mention that BMS was full of backstabbing managers who would throw anyone under the bus to save their miserable careers while he was encouraging us to invest our futures with them. I'm eligible for their insurance, but I would never give them a dime for it. They're self insured! Your payments go right into some administrators pockets unless you file enough claims. If that is the case, then go for it. Bleed them dry. Of course then, it is not technically insurance at all, but simply a transfer of wealth. BTW are you sure it was $600.00 a year? I could believe a month.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry - it was per month

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a way to see your retirement insurance options online?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. My only option, before I was Medicare eligible, was United Health Care. You need to call HR help desk (Ha! good luck getting useful and accurate answers!)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What were options when you went Medicare? Supplement? Drug plan? I get to that point next March and can't get any straight answers from HRConnect

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can stay with United Health Care which includes the Caremark drug plan for about $480/month (for one person) and not enroll in Medicare. Not a good option for me as UHC has high deductible, co-pays, out of pocket etc, and Caremark cost me about $90 - $120 for a 3 month supply of maintenance meds. Plus, none of my doctors were in the UHC network so I always had bills after UHC paid their part. I chose to go with Medicare as primary (they deduct $104.00/month from my social security check) Mutual of Omaha as my part B supplement - about $110/month (I pay this through auto deduction from my checking account), and Cigna as Medicare part D drug plan - $32.00/month also deducted from my Social Security check. That makes my monthly costs about $246. The big plus is that I no longer have deductibles, co-pays or out-of-pocket costs for health care and everyone around here accepts Medicare plus part B supplements. My prescriptions are now about $10 each for a 3 month supply. Bottom line - health care and drug costs are at least 1/2 of what I was paying before not including the co-pays and deductibles I was paying before

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. Figured BMS would have designed an off ramp for themselves. But the good news is it's less expensive and it takes BMS out of the picture completely.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

completely agree......being a rep is a disgrace