Chicago Endo Opening

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Mar 9, 2015 at 3:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for an endo position in downtown Chicago. Does anyone know anything about this market/division? Base salary is much lower than my current but the recruiter makes the position sound very promising due to the well established market and book of business. Any thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not real sales job, mostly order taking. Boston has 90% of the market wrapped up already, just refilling orders and kissing GI's ass in ERCP's. You would also have bronchial thermoplasty. It's the only real selling Endo reps attempt to do, and they are doing s horrible job at it...so if you have any actual selling skills you will look like a superstar amongst your peers instantly.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the pay for this position? How many hours a week do most reps work and is a company car included?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty easy gig, I work 20-25 hours a week MAX. You will probably make 120-130k first year, maybe 150k or so after that. Nobody really makes more than 200k, so if you are looking for the big money this isn't the place to be. Easy ass job though, spend most my time in ERCP's when I do work and make sure I take care of my top GI's. Bronchial Thermoplasty is a drag and a bitch to sell. Good thing is, the rest of the company can't sell it either so I just do the bare minimum with that product.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, sounds like my pharma gig I had before I was downsized.

A few more questions..would rather just get out of way on here vs asking manager in interview

How much vacation do you offer?
    How many float days?
    Do you shut down the week after Christmas?
    Does Boston Scientific allow facial hair?
    Average size of your territories?
    how many ride days does your manager do with you?
    Where is your president circle trip?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Argentina