Territory Manager - Medical Device

Discussion in 'KCI' started by Anonymous, Apr 30, 2015 at 8:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a call for this and am curious. Wound seems like good, stable, growing market. KCI has good reputation. I have background in device and specialty pharma. What are realistic $$ expectations? I'm sure car, etc, is standard industry and not worried there. Wondering more on potential. Also, is this really a device type job? Any reimbursement issues? There is a huge Teaching Instituion in the area.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KCI is an awesome company to work for, if you want to work for an innovative, industry leader, that treats their employees with respect, with cutting edge products that will make a difference in the Hospital's staff and , most importantly, patient's lives, then KCI is the right company for you. It feels awesome waking up every morning knowing that I, KCI and my products are going to make a difference in peoples' lives. Reimbursement for all of their products is a no brainier, the Hospital staff love seeing us and WCC is the best and by far the most progressively growing in the healthcare industry. The car package is second to one and the benefits package, the best part is all of the vacation time that we get, is probably one of the best in the industry. Realistic first year earnings are $175-$225. Go for it.

I just cant believe that 30 people quit last month.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One word: STRESS, company will NEVER make the revenue they made before, competition has moved in in last few years and no one remains. All new faces trying to figure out how to hype the company up enough so that investment firm can go IPO and get back some of the money-billions invested in a company that lost patents. Its simply a sad situation...not really anyone's fault it just is economics. Just outsourced LTC to Joerns and have strong indications Acute will move that direction. VA business outsourced too. Post Acute reimbursement is half of what it was three years ago so look for cuts in that area as well.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Now that's the best post I've seen in a long time. Laughed my ass off. Definitely this poster is dreaming about the "old KCI". There is nothing left of that company now. Stay far away. We can even get out of here quick enough!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. Worse than big pharma? Who is biggest competitor? Aren't you selling the best NWPT? And, how much time is in the OR? A recruiter called and said wanted OR experience.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OR? Right. Go ask an OR tech when the last time their KCI rep was in a case, or even asked to be there. What more does a surgeon need to know about a wound vac?

Better yet, ask them if when they do call, does their KCI rep even show up?

OR experience. Thats pretty funny!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What!? WHY wouldn't the rep show up for a case!? Does the rep need to be there? Or should they be there? Wow. Confused. What/who is call point? Is KCI the best vac-- or is the competition? Just trying to understand more before moving forward-- I rely wa t out of pharma - and have some OR experience (minimal). I like the idea of a t agible item and think wound is good for future growth.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with KCI for several years and seen ups and downs; in regards to OR tech wanting to know where their rep is, than that rep is not doing their job; Acute reps need to be in OR to assist/collaborate and increase sales with vac. Sit and become partners with OR desk scheduler. We have the scheduler now email us with possible vac patients and send us OR schedule to get in front of the doctor. It depends on how much work the rep wants to do, KCI is great company and great product. Lots of changes occuring now but thats healthcare and will keep changing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does HIPPA mean anything to you ? You and your scheduler should both be canned. No end to the sleaze

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, you are blindingly stupid. You have never worked in the OR or looked at all the documents the required documents that are signed prior to the patine going into surgery. It will give permission for reps, consultants, or others to be in the OR, rookie. Trust me, hospitals and companies will have their asses covered here, been going on for years.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus you are not discussing patient names or diagnosis, just cases and times with the scheduler. As a matter of fact, the staff is very protective of that information, you wouldn't know this rookie, but typically the staff will not reps hang around the whiteboards (rookie, this is the central informational repository for case times, doctors, patient, procedure, etc.) because it has all of this information. Get a clue before you make a statement like that.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with reps being emailed potential VAC pts/cases by an OR scheduler. No patients are signing consents regarding farming by med device reps. You can name call all you want

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, I still dont understand why a rep would NEED to be in the OR for a vac placement. Every surgeon knows how to place wound vacs. This isnt new therapy or technology that needs a walk thru. They order what they need from CS and use it. What value are you adding by being there?

Thats why reps dont show up. Theres no competition they can go to if they get upset.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Huh?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

News flash douchebag…KCI reps are not & have never been considered O.R. reps. Give me a break. We are a DRESSING company people. Maybe a big trauma or difficult application, maybe a first time ABTHera user or 1st time Prevena. Basic dressing application?…no f'ing way. Talk to any busy OR nurse, tech…they'll roll their eyes. If you have nothing better to do all day than sit and hang out in an OR lounge ( and yes a-holes…this is a HIPAA violation, ask any surveyor working for CMS)., then go for it. Surgeons just love to be chased down by yet another rep in the OR. Stay in the ECF where you belong.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am spending a ton of time in the OR, doing my 1099 job, and getting paid by KCI. Love it!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome! You're not the only one!!!