Pfizer Retirees & HR Source

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Aug 24, 2011 at 6:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any one else getting jerked around by HR source and getting benefits cut due to the changing billing company?

We had auto-pay that we thought we correctly changed, and we called HR source in July to confirm. They said it was all fine, then this month we had all our medical, dental, etc. dropped due to non payment.

How common is this? Any solutions?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, went through similar events closer to the time of the billing switch, took multiple calls and stuff to fix, but it got fixed. Unfortunately in the administrivia of health care (and life these days for that matter) this fits in the normal course of activities. We just have to stay on top of it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same shit, different day. When you have 20 somethings who live in la la land answering questions with their canned script what do you expect.

Last year, I went directly to Met-life and my health ins. carrier and told them to get things straightened out or I was contacting the atty general, office of consumer affairs, and the insurance board.....and guess what, things got straightened out in less than a week.

Too many idiots running Pfizer...why would it be any different with HR?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard this problem on another thread, and decided against the auto pay. My hunch that they can even screw this up was right. What a bunch of r*****s. I hated having to sell against them when I was in the field in the late 90s. A bunch of 20 somethings who knew nothing then and continue to mess things up even to this day!

As the other poster said, just push them to the wall to get you straightened out. You get results with threats, sometimes that is the only thing these dummies understand. Good Luck!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am retirement eligible, but have not started. Have heard rumors that they are going to change retirment benefits/pensions or both. Does any one have any info on this scenario.

Thank you

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much do you all pay for retirement health insurance? Some of us who are retired from other companies have seen the bill go from under $100 to over $1,000 in the past 5 years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

COMPANY CAN DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING THEY WANT WITH BENEFITS THAT THEY "GIVE" ARE NOT REQUIRED TO GIVE.

ITS A CRAP SHOOT

WAS INVOLUNTARIY RETIRED FROM ANOTHER MAJOR PHARMA COMPANY. GOT A FAIRLY GOOD PACKAGE

WHEN LAYOFF RUMORS BEGAN TO BECOME REALITY IN THE NEXT ROUND THEY OFFERED SAME PACKAGE PLUS 10%

MANY PEOPLE OPTED BECAUSE NO GUARANTEE OF SAME PACKAGE IF THEIR NUMBER WAS UP THEY WANTED TO LOCK IN THEIR HEALTH CARE BENEFITS

BE CAREFUL AND STAY ON TOP OF FACT AND RUMOR OR YOU MAY GET BURNED.

THESE COMPANIES WILL TRY TO PAWN YOU OFF ON THE GOVERNMENT --THAT WILL BE LIKE FALLING INTO A BIG BOTOMLESS HOLE

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Obamacare takes hold- BET ON IT!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please don't shout. Release the caps lock, sparky.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

retired December 2009. insurance is $438/month. Am not medicare age yet. Believe my payment is the same as working Pfizer (me and spouse). Did not take dental. Figured I could start my own spending account and it has worked. Hope this helps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very common. Document everything you do! The dates, names, leave nothing to chance. Fidelity is the administrator, and they aren't terribly interested in being your advocate. They have the ability to reinstate your coverage. You need to be firm!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really surprised pfizer hasn't moved its HR dept to India yet.

I NEVER do anything by autopay.

Have a feeling they try to make everything such a major hassle that you'll go somewhere else.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot on! I am a legacy rep from another company, sorry - never trusted Pfizer in the field in the 90's and sure did not trust them when they "absorbed" us. I knew the auto pay would get screwed up some how. Did not go for it.

14. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

If you turn 65, you either must go on Medicare OR have a very simple 5 question form answered, signed and faxed to Soc Security. Every one points the finger at someone else and no one will complete the form.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had a horrible experience with HR Source, Fidelity and Pfizer when laid off. Spouse was 68, they would not give us a statement saying when insurance was terminating, told us it was against HIPPA. We needed the statement for spouse to go on Medicare, end result did not get the statement, spouse missed the deadline, had to buy a high risk plan to bridge until we could get spouse on on Medicare, had to pay penalies and charged an additional 50% on premium because of missing deadlines.

I'm not looking for any handout, planned well for retirement, but really Pfizer tells me who I want my info sent based on HIPPA. Biggest 3 ring circus, Social Security office was amazed. Luckily the Social Security office led us through a appeal process to get the 50% increase removed!

Absolutely incredible how screwed up this company is. Have no faith in the company nor do I expect them to make and market products for unmet needs! Poorly managed internally as well as externally!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I retired from Wyeth in 2006, am not Medicare age and pay $80.50 per month for coverage for just myself, as my spouse has her own coverage.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Michael Moore is a class act, talk about a clown! Gross clown!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer hates old people and is only interested in taking seniors money. Fact.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unless you are a total loser and the world's worst money manager, I'd say that $80.50 per month is a drop in the bucket and it would be stupid to give it up/

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd drop 25 cents in the bucket to see your wife's cans at my local Panera to contribute.