Thoughts on Dalvance

Discussion in 'Forest Laboratories' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2015 at 12:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Initial thoughts of how this will play out?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great drug
    Fits a medical need especially with ACO formation and ACA
    Biggest challenge is two things
    1. Once ASP hits on 4/1 things will change on reimbursement
    2. Mentality on skin is narrow among ED ID, need Csuite buiness folks to see the benefit and then manage down.
    Pluses
    Future indications if kept busy Actavis will make this truly fit an unmet need in Osteo and Pneumonia
    For what's it worth

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! Awesome.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

can you expand on how reimbursement will change on 4/1?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One of my hospitals added ortivancin to formulary already and wants nothing to do with dalba. I have a feeling this will be a trend. Ugh

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They're using loads of Dalvance in NJ

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Initial thoughts of how this will play out

It will play out just like teflaro, crash and burn. We never learn.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about jersey use. Their doctors are all pharma whores. They're paid quite well to rx

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The ASP will go down to reflect the discounts that were given and that will hurt reimbursement unless we lower price on 4/1 to maintain the "spread". It's a great drug that will definitely have a place. There is only room in the market for one of the long acting glycopeptides and between dalbavancin and oritavancin the winner will be dalbavancin. No one is buying oritavancin.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're going to see just how dedicated we are to this drug next week. The IC on the launch will stun you. Best advice is to cast aside the usual BS mentality often displayed on this site and seriously learn the drug and reimbursement structure. You'll want to kick your own ass if you get left behind with this one because there is serious cash to be made on a pretty cool drug.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of koolaid drinking on this post. Ask any ID, we have the loser out of these 2 drugs and I agree there is only room for one. Better brush up on my COPD so I can make some $$$.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love for this drug to be successful, but I have to play devil's advocate for a minute here. If this drug is so great, why have the Durata reps done nothing with it? No vials sold in my territory. What did they do wrong that we will do right?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're showing you aren't actually a part of this sales force by saying, "brush up on my COPD." You go ahead and sell that COPD hard and make that $$$. Anyone who's actually in the Anti-Infective sales force at Actavis now knows that we have dropped the COPD line from our bag moving forward. And isn't that great?!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk about a loaded question! honestly who asks questions like this here? Shit head, sell-out sneaky paid-for trolls for profit. You want an intelligent qualified conversation. Friggin' earn it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yup, their clients gap analysis includes dumpster diving for any pricing info. Digging through trash, or anything else they can do or say that could possibly produce any free shit will work for these sleaze bags. So coy. Disgusting.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Uh what?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No vials sold in my territory.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is going to be a disaster just like Teflaro

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's going to be our "spin" on this drug? Durata hasn't done well with it