Abbott Preparing to be Acquired

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4900 reps globally? C'mon, folks. They're gonna sell this dying business to the highest bidder. May be Walmart. No, seriously - is it really the industry, or are they going to sell Primary Care or other divisions in bits and parts? Dunno. Something to think about.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's not a shot in hell that Abbott could ever be acquired.
    It's just too big.
    They could, and have, spin off a division to sell.
    But it would never be primary care.
    Not as long as Humira is still around.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would love that. Nice big fat severance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

remember what hospira used to be......a division of Abbott

But I think your right-Abbott is still too cash rich to be bought

However, anyone check out the stock price???? Nothing like a good layoff to increase overall profits and look good to investors. Just getting rid of Don Carson alone must have opened up a salary that sent the stock up major points.

Hey Don, guess that director promotion wasnt so great after all. Wonder of you were still RM you'd be around? Did you *iss anyoff that you can think of? (besides everyone)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just the opposite, listen to the analysts. the industry is contracting and just like any other industry there will be mergers and acquisitions in times like this. they will continue to buy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just an FYI for you folks that don't understand that "BIG" is completely realtive in financial terms -- Abbott has a market cap of roughly $68 billion so in reality you are NOT too big to be acquired, take for instance:

Warner Lambert had market cap of >$80 billion BOUGHT BY Pfizer for $90 billion in 2000
    Pharmacia had market cap of > $ 55 billion BOUGHT BY Pfizer for $60 billion in 2003
    Wyeth had market cap of > $65 billion BOUGHT BY Pfizer for $68 billion in 2010
    Schering Plough had market cap of > $40 billion BOUGHT by Merck for $42 billion in 2009

So as you can see -- yes $68 billion is a strong market cap but hardly immune from acquisition.

Just sayin'

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

J&J would be the only company capable of buying Abbott. They are the only total healthcare company that understands multi layered non pharma divisions. A pharma house like Pfizer would be clueless how to run the non pharma business units. Too much risk for them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Baxter merger will happen soon.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm retired from Abbott and collecting a pension. To keep myself busy part-time, I am a Walmart greeter. Is this considered double dipping??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Forrest is looking at Abbott. If so they would move our entire operation to New York.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard Heather Mason is trying to buy the company.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miles pump

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only with ice cream

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are entering into a continuous state of compromise, and within this volatile risk market, consequences for Abbott when it fails to meet their regulatory security guidelines are feeling the pain all the way up the corporate ladder. Within this environment, traditional security controls are no longer sufficient to fully protect this company.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is a heather mason?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The heather was division VP of ADC. But MW pulled her before the shit hits the fan at that division.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do u mean pulled? Left company?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard this is happening next week.