Abbott IT = IBM

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Aug 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hi

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the IBM outsourcing going?? I hear not too well-I got a call to come back as a contractor through IBM-no way. I am enjoying my early retirement. If I come back to work in that wretched place, I will have to pay more alimony to my equally wretched ex-wife. Glad to be rid of both!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

“I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you.”

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IBM started doing this years ago. The only control most of us have is to live simply and save money. In that way who gives a shit what they do. If a company is this bad why work for them? Out you go and then you find a new job. For those who live above there means this is a problem. For those who are financially careful, screw the bosses!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then China next and then Saudi Arabia.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Request for proposal version 2 has been sent out to vendors to outsource more of IT. RFP1 did not generate the anticipated savings so now RFP2. Everything in play Desktop , infrastructure, etc.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Abbott IT = IBM or HP???

I joined last week and then drank a case of Budweiser for lunch.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Curious to see where this lands, but making inroads elsewhere to ensure that I won't care.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Vietnam IT conversion is set for next week.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

in process now.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: As we recommended the IT outsourcing to IBM we need to refute your obvious biased misinformation. We are PROUD to state that the IBM IT outsource is working great.
    Leadership has generously rewarded the Tiger Team that proposed this business plan. Accrued savings in just past 3 months alone is $14 million. That will allow us to a} higher more reps; b} increase dividend by $.06 per annum and/or c} distribute hefty bonuses to Leadership.

Please do not post these unsubstantiated and biased posts. It appears you are a displaced IT worker. Why NOT consider working for IBM if they would higher you? Remember, IT is NOT a CORE interest of our Company - it is simply a simple Commodity.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What HR Monitor failed to mention is that "Tiger Team" resides in Lincoln Park Zoo.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HR Monitor:: This is a nasty remark. Our Tiger Team is just that - a robust aggressive team of senior leaders who know what is best for the Company. Names like Ashly, Tiltin etc are on the team. A total of 21 on the team.

Your remark only underscores your LACK OF CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. Maybe you should leave.

Yes, Senior Management understands that IT is just a plain commodity item and there is no need to overpay or over-benefit these people, most of whom are introverted and not Company loyal. The OUTSOURCE was a major cost savings and we are to date total over $100 mil ahead. That's what Senior Management is for.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right. And it's this same "senior management" that hid the lies of Little Ricky and let him have his own company. Lost a billion and a half in his aborted attempt to buy out another company, but he still gets his bonus. Real cost savings for Abbvie. Wonder how many incompetents run Abbott? How soon before they muck it up? MW had to pay through the nose for his screw up a few years back. Bet he still got his bonus while he cut workers to pay for mess.

The fact is Abbott is a "good ole boy/girl" company. It does very little in real innovation just buys it. Management plays their political games and tries to protect their own. The grunts who do the real work get screwed. Simple.

That's why I did startups and smaller companies before Abbott. Made my money before I came here.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was a good thing YOU got cut Now y'all is all mad and angry Get Over It..IMO You
    SUCKED and deserved the BOOT Stalker boy

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still here. Letting my money grow, helping Abbott to make money. Truth is truth. If you can't handle it don't read these posts.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have been dealing with this for more than two years...IBM=I've Been Mislead! Just wait, it will be your mantra too!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No there is a brilliant idea! Apply for a job at IBM, who now has over 300 pages of postings and a hiring freeze! Translation...watch the revolving door of contract resources they bring on board who have "0" experience with Pharma...