FreeStyle Libre

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually I am in a totally new medical device industry. Done with strips and stuff like that...doing much more complex fun work. No future in diabetes management for those who develop the products.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, you see message from anonymous poster on a single message board, on just one of hundreds of small unverified sites that post tips and theory, as a factual proof? You must see CP as also equally factual.

For people in the real world, who base their conclusions on more tangible things, such as facts, verified by professional reporters and analysts, and official sources, I'll not be popping the champagne just yet. For starters, an ABT propaganda announcement (i.e "press release").

But for this to be taken as seriously (do you know what % of press releases are true, vs. just public relations??? I suspect YOU would be dumbfounded to know the truth), I and everyone else but you would wait to see ABT actually file an FDA application.

(Do you know what % of FDA applications are approved? Or of those approved, actually move forward? Or come to fruition? No? I thought so...)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So instead of writting this BS just follow the link. There is another link to the FDA data base that shows that ADC has completed the clinical trials for Libre. Does not in anyway mean approval. Just some information.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is nothing more than a little bit of information. The US Libre clinical trials are done. Says so on the FDA website. That's it. You make a bit deal about a simple piece of info. Get a life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, doesn't mean anything at all. Results need to analyzed and submitted, which could lead anywhere. Or nowhere. This is years away, if it ever happens. The way sales are declining, I'm afraid this will mean nothing to those of us here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one knows anything, and all everyone does here is make a big deal about nothing. Come on, this is CP. All for fun and entertainment. Someone yanks your chain and you get all serious. If you knew squat, this would be the last place you'd be hanging around.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL and spot on! 50% completely made up BS, 49% worthless speculation, 1% lucky guesses. That applies to ALL posts, including Mr. "Captain Obvious" Libre-lover (News flash: you don't need to re-post here links to ADC new, press releases, or repeat what were are already told by our managers on Libre... duh).

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is a good question. Now that the US trails for Libre are done how long will it take the FDA to approve? It took many years for Navigator. I will guess....2018.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Observer here, does that mean you also don't know "squat"? Ya Twat !

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not mine asshole, and your numbers are way off ! 10% of posts are informed accurate info
    and come to pass weeks and months AFTER posts Not everyone is a Moron posting on here including me *To any trolls with a wise answer, in advance I say F'k You all

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, hi Miles! Nice of you to jump on!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FreeStyle Libre is strictly forward thinking propaganda

They replaced this already with the Pepex Trio, which has some unique features that may set a new standard for glucose monitoring. The Trio contains a side loaded, disposable smart cartridge that snaps into the meter. The cartridge provides a week's supply of glucose test chips that can produce a lancet, collect the blood sample and analyze the sample all without ever touching the floor.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL, now that's an oldie but goodie!!! Never knew the name for it, just the code word. Sometime in 2007, or maybe 2008, Dunky had that and was showing it around "secretly" on the sly to just about everyone at one the NSM's.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The US study according to an earlier post was only 160 patients - which is why it didn't take long to complete. FDA will want rather more evidence than that before going further, especially since as an implantable device it will be class III and thus a Pre-Market Approval will be required.

And even if trials are successful FDA will insist on auditing the UK production facility before they approve it. At present Libre is a low volume manual process - so the quality problems are no surprise. And Abbott Diabetes Care have form on this - their last FDA audit was a disaster, with the very similar Navigator process at the heart of the problems.

2018 sounds just about right, if ADC last that long.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Accuracy does not comply with FDA required range. That's the word anyway. This would require a new and different FDA guideline be established. That is an expensive and lengthy process. The deal breaker is, when not subsidized as it is UK, this is 4x BGM. So the Plans have said no. Why would Abbott go through the time and expense for a product that won't be covered? We all know the answer to that. Well, except LibreMan, who is all in a lather already.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: FreeStyle Libre or Frenzy Continues???

The barbeque at the FDA started this morning for this outdated piece of garbage.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember that... and weren't they also working on one that would detect levels from the steering wheel of a car that was outfitted with the devise? Maybe I am confused. Digital readout on the radio screen within 30 seconds. The idea was that if the reading was way too high (or low), the engine would shut down to prevent high speed accidents. It was really cool.
    In theory....
    Bottom Line: Never believe the crap they roll out "quietly" at national sales meetings... it normally starts with "I shouldn't be showing you this, but...."

Heck, one time when he was asked about the next stock split, the CEO said "when the robins fly in the spring"... how were we to know that the robins were never to fly in the spring for the next 8 years...?

LOL

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LibreMan here.

Truth is a version of this product is in India now and soon into other countries. Abbott will make a few bucks. In the US....will never make it. Even if the FDA approves it, say 2018, the new stuff will be here and Libre will look like a vacuum tube TV set.