Base Salary

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Dec 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's everyone's base salary and how long have you been here? (don't forget, it's anonymous.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My base is $100K plus commission, bonus, and CPS.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Starting base salary at ADC USA for a sales rep, entry level, is between $100 and $110k. If you have some experience, you can get that higher, I've heard up to $120 or $125, if they really want you (i.e. think you might be "fun" at the NSM's). You should able to get 3 - 5% annual merit increases for the first 2 - 3 years (the "honeymoon" period). After that, merits raises slow down, unless you manage to become a favorite pet. Pets are either immune from the micro management and other BS, and\or promoted quickly. However, the flip side is if your salary gets too high, over $130 - $140, and you are NOT a pet. Then you will be on a the radar screen, and unless you are very careful, you'll get PIP's out.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I started at 54,500 base 7 years ago and up to 71,346 now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be a real dumb ship!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here 26 years and my base is $92,550. Might seem a little low but my 401k balance is $1,350,000. It has been a good year!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are even a bigger dumb ass for responding with such a typical mindless response. Moron

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You broke fool ! Your 401k is $0 You never worked more than a few years in any job Now get a life troll Grow Up !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! I'm impressed!

Well, so now we can quantify what you can achieve if you live in mummy's basement for 26 years, and never go on a date (no, those on-line sex sites don't count as "dates").

Party on, Garth!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He probably mans a glory hole at chevron station bathroom and gets wifi on his Obam.a phone He posts in between his truck driving clients

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here 31 years and my base is $150,000. My 401k balance is $2,172,000. It has also been a good year here as well!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here 1 year and make 62k and just found out I got a cheerleader rep pregnant.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just started last week and my base is 110k Projected 2015 bonus is 20k
    I have $400 bucks in my 401k Looking forward to hitting a million in next 15 years here

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Open wide junior, I've got a special sign on bonus for you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This board has really turned to sh..t. I decided years ago that I would forgo a higher salary for more stability and job security. You make fun of me because my salary is a little lower than yours. BIG F'in Deal. I will be the winner in the end. I was truthtful when I told you my 401K balance. This was done in the field. No options You have probably changed jobs every few years due to lay-offs. There seems to be a pleasure in putting everyone else down. I know that you are a SUPER salesperson. Again BIG F'in DEAL. If you are so successful and happy then why are you so miserable.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, congratulations on your new job at the McDonald's drive through, you'll definitely have job security.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been reading this thread for 31 seconds.... My bank account is at $ -1,019.23 and my 401k is non-existent. I say it has been a shitty year.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look don't knock it. Abbott is a good professional job for maybe 5 years. Trick is to get out before it's too late. I left Abbott several years ago but I started at Abt making 64k. Left after 4 1/2 years and today make 130k base at biotec. Everything serves a purpose. Good luck and no need to anonymously hate on here.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left Abbott 5 years ago and regret the decision. I left for a hot biotech. It was more money and the promise of a better job. Unfortunately we were screwed on bonus more than once and the possibility of a takeover was always over our heads. It happened last year. I laugh at every post how successful everyone who leaves is. For every success I would say there is 50 disasters.
    For the new year be appreciative of what you have and the great company you work for.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You, sir, are not playing the game correctly. First, learn to pad your expenses. Just pay attention to what your DM does. For example, do you have a second car? Free gas!

Second, take the steps necessary to get maximum annual merit raises. It's easy: just say "yes sir\madam" to what every your DM tells you to do. (Just be sure to get the "sir" and "madam" part right.... can be hard at ADC.) No matter how nonsensical, idiotic, just do it. Fast, before anyone else. Fudge calls if you have to.

Third, aim to get promoted. It's easy at Abbott! Use a mirror, and practice the facial expressions that will be essential. The best is blank. That can be hard, because the nonsense that comes out of your boss's mouth can be mind boggling, and your natural instinct is that "WTF???" look.

Last, but most important, learn to kiss arse! But with sincerity. That's the hard part.

Can you do it, son? Of course you can! It's Abbott for gods sakes!