2015 Layoffs

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Jan 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Abbott annual tradition. When? How many?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots this year. They were going on all day in my dorm last week with all the women. Lots of fun.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More power to the people!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to the jungle

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2015 and 500 employees. That's all I can say for no. Stay tuned.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would assume many of these will come from the underperforming divisions. 500 is not as bad as previous years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this is true. ADC will see most of the remaining sales force let go very soon.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loser, you're a pathetic lonely degenerate 24/7/365 on CP Get a job Bum !
    So Glad your kind gets fired The sucker here is you POS !

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you heard about the Finance roles?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just what I heard from my boss; I'm in field Sales. Why not ask your manager?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a job: ADC Sales. You sound like Duncan or Karl. Very inspirational.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because management never shares info. I don't know if they think people below them cant handle it or if they think it make then more superior to have info us peons don't.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because management never shares info. I don't know if they think people below them cant handle it or if they think it makes them more superior to have info us peons don't.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Abbott does a RIF then so be it. Just business. At least Abbott gives a package, some don't even do that much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Need to know basis..... ever heard of that? Why on earth would management let everyone know what they might be planning. You will hear about it when the time comes, so just focus on your current job, do it well enough, and you might get to hear about upcoming adventures when you get into management.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They outsourced Facilities in Temecula, so they are no longer Abbott employees. Abbott will save money on payroll, bonuses and benefits; good for them. And now, Abbott has brought in a 3rd party for shipping/distribution at Zevo. Some people will be laid off, a few have been asked to stay and work for the new company for lower pay, and a few have been moved to other areas. So over the years, Abbott has gotten rid of any AV people that made decent money, they've ousted people that ALMOST had enough years in to retire, they keep moving products overseas to be manufactured and now they're outsourcing. Most of the people that are now gone, were the ones with the knowledge, work ethic, experience and can-do attitude, that worked their asses off to make the company successful, yet Abbott got rid of them. I've NEVER seen a company that was so determined to commit suicide and ruin employee's lives, like this one has. They are now left with directors with egos so big, they can't fit their heads through a doorway, not to mention their enormous paychecks. And they're left with kids fresh out of college, that haven't got a clue how to manufacture medical devices and oh, don't forget the lazy ones that sit around and do nothing but collect their paychecks. Even the support staff for each department wouldn't know hard work, if it slapped them in the face. They're too busy being social butterflies. When Abbott started letting people go from this small group, they kept the wrong ones. Such a pity. More layoffs are coming, and the end of AV will soon follow.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q4 is announced in a week. If anything is going to happen it will be right before up to about a week after the announcement.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look at the mess at ADC. Abbott had a lot of talented employees in sales, R&D, and other departments from Therasense and Medisense. What did they do? Brought in Abbott ass kissers and pushed out anybody with a who was not "Abbott Material". Killed it.

But Abbott is so rich it will continue to buy companies which can produce, run them dry, shut them down. Repeat. This is their business model.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you need box of Kleenex to wipe those tears ? Man up and stop crying on a message board
    you lazy wimp No wonder you're gone

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Abbott annual tradition. When? How many??????

Q1 just after the MW Q4 shareholder call....