Abbott Recruiter ?

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, Feb 23, 2015 at 8:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was contacted by a Abbott recruiter in the southwest. I have a solid resume and she told me how much she wanted me for the position. Never heard back from her. She didn't even have the courtesy to respond to my emails? So UNPROFESSIONAL in my opinion. I remember when this industry had class.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

when did this industry have class, how long ago was that ?
    maybe she sent it check your spam folder. I just was just recruited
    and they responded right back.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look there are many applicants for every Job. There are plenty of companies that dont bother to respond. That is life get used to it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had two rounds of interviews with this one company and never heard back. I got another job and then, four months after my last interview, I get an email saying that they are not interested.

It's crap but just the way HR works.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW are you NIAVE!! You don't have a clue how recruiters work. Recruiters don't hire anyone. Their job is to put resumes of potential candidates in front of the HR person who is screening for that job. They are evaluated based on the numbers of resumes they can dig up.

To do that, pass in your resume, they need you to agree. So they'll make you feel like you're a slam dunk for the job. Kiss your ass. The second they're off the phone with you, you are a forgotten. On to the next call.

Only if the HR person picks your resume from the pile, and you are selected for a screening interview, will you hear back from the recruiter. The recruiter of course does not remember even talking to you, but when they contact you, they will tell you that you're all they have thought about, night and day, since you last communicated. They may even embellish to make it sound like they discussed you specifically with the HR person, and "sold" you in.

Rest assured, however, that what actually happened is the HR manager sent an email to the recruiter telling them to set up 30 minute screening interviews with these 10 candidates from the 500 resumes sent in.

You may even never hear from this recruiter again, even if you do get picked for a screening interview, as sometimes its the HR person who makes contact.

These contracted free agents are the bottom of the barrel type of recruiter. The lowest rung. Just above telemarketer.

These are not the same type of recruiters who are working directly with the hiring manager, who build up and rely on a network of candidates and contacts. This type of recruiter is more likely to keep you informed of the process, and let you know if you are moving forward or not. If they think you are viable, a good candidate, they will want to keep you as a contact for future jobs they are recruiting for. They will also want to network through you. Good recruiters make the extra effort for those reasons, as well as long term: you may be in a position some day to use them to hire people for you.

As a general rule, regardless of the type of recruiter, is that if you don't hear from them, it's not like the company wants to see you but the recruiter dropped the ball, so you need to call them to follow up. No follow up from the recruiter means no news, or no interest from the client. The recruiter will only contact you again if there is a next step.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should respond and ask the to purge your name from their files.

Here's what can happen if you do not: let's say two years from now a recruiter who is working with the hiring manager at that same company gets your name from someone in their network, and calls you about the opening. This is the kind of recruiter that actually will present your resume to the hiring manager and do his\her best to sell in to an interview.

The recruiter is loading the chamber, so to speak, trying to get as many of his candidates into the interviewing process. Like raffle tickets, the more entries, the better the odds of winning.

But before they put your name in the ring, there is one thing they need to do: find out if you are already in the company's records.

A good recruiter will find a way to check you out with the company's HR department to see if you are in their files. The recruiter may ask you, before they send in your resume, if you ever applied to this company.

The reason is this: if you are already in the company's files, the recruiter typically does not get paid if you are hired. Many companies have as a condition that candidates already in file are not eligible for recruiter fees.

The last thing the recruiter wants is to put your name in, and then find out one of his bullets is a dud as far as payment. If that happens, you can bet your friendly recruiter will do his best to get you out of the mix as fast as possible. They typical method is to talk up the other bullets to the hiring manager: good recruiters are good sales people, and candidates are the product. They can subtlety sew doubt, or gloss over flaws, when positioning their candidates.

Best to keep your name out of big company data bases as much as possible.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I applied directly to the company. Had two very long difficult interviews. The hiring manager called back and said I did a very good job. I think they were happy with me. He said I was one of the first to be interviewed and that they would interview more then let me know. For a few months I got two or three emails from them saying "hang in there, we are still going through the process". Of course I just don't sit on my butt I was out looking and landed a new job. Then I get the dear John email. I think they felt I was a strong candiate so kept it going while they looked from someone better, cheaper, younger.

As I said, typical HR bull crap. Screw them. I posted it on GlassDoor so all will know.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry for not responding back to your resume. You sounded like a putz so I trashed it.

Good Luck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were keeping you on the back burner in case they did not find the perfect person. You were qualified but they wanted to see as many folks for interviews. They never would have kept you in the "batter's box" if you stunk so I would not feel upset. Every time I have switched jobs (even by layoff), I have always got more $ and a better position. It may have been a blessing in disguise.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ninety-five percent of companies out there, never make contact after you submit a resume. It's extremely rude, but almost all of them do it now.

If you didn't get in at Abbott, consider yourself LUCKY, that you dodged that bullet. They're the greediest, most pathetic company out there. Be thankful for that blessing and move on.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad to agree that all the recruiters are Rude. They NEVER have helped me out and once I got a new job I hung up on all of them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's McDonalds working out for you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to the people that responded with the helpful info. Ive never understood the mean bitchy posts on here? Why do so many people see their peers as their enemy? Arent we all in this together? Are they just miserable people or does it make them feel superior? I always try to help other people out.

Conflict is when you see a persons true character.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, this explains why you went no further in he process: you are way to sensitive and not ruthless enough. If something so trivial as this upset you, you would never survive the first 6 months at Abbott. The way to survive at Abbott is to climb over the bodies around you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You also have to be a back stabber.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, this is not the same as us all sitting around your kitchen table chatting. And no, we are not all in this together. We basically are each others competition for jobs, for IC payout as long as we are stack ranked, and for promotions as well. Cafe Pharma, by virtue of it's anonymity, is in many ways a form of entertainment. It's sort of a release. CP is not a place to get all judgmental and preachy. There are many on here with that are completely disingenuous. Trust and expect only from the people you KNOW in your life. Please stop tasking strangers with your own neediness.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't "need" to put other people down to make myself feel better. There's a lot of good info on here once you weed through the unnecessary stuff.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's start at the beginning.... Whatever an "abbott recruiter" is, they are not the hiring manager. If that recruiter is one of the approved recruiters, then they should have at least contacted you back, in a perfect world. But sometimes that doesn't happen, either with outside recruiters or with the hiring managers. Abbott is getting more and more focused on using specific agencies. As a retired sales manager, I had exceptional success with candidates from Thomas Ruff and Assoc, in Cali. Every single person they sent to me was exceptional, and could have been hired. It was amazing. I don't even know if they are still out there, but if you can get past their selection criteria and actually get an interview with a company from them, you are golden, in my opinion. I hired someone from them every time they sent me a candidate.
    Good luck.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just say "SHOW ME THE MONEY"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sounds like a shameless plug for your company to me