Chronic Migraine reps will no longer sell Botox

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Sep 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You heard it folks, and you guys thought the expansion was a bombshell wait till this happens. RS and NM's future of neurosciences will have the NeuroRehab reps becoming the Botox reps and the CM reps will be the Levadex reps. The expansion is just the first part of their plan.

RS does not believe in the way Botox was built, through customer service, clinical selling, reimbursement knowledge, and realtionships. His vision of pharma is scripeted sales messages, reach & frequencey metrics, and speaker programs. He does not believe that the current reps will change their way so he will take Botox away from the longtime Botox reps. So the plan is to hire an outside sales force that will first be just NeuroRehab but eventually transition into full time Botox reps. He beleives he can whip a new sales force into shape and have them market Botox his way. He will then subject the longtime reps to AV and "teach" them how to sell Levadex.

The only thing he values from the current Botox field force is our understanding of our customer base so thats why the Ocotober NSM will be the time for the current Botox reps to begin the transistioning process of accounts. Having the expiercened reps with the realtionships open up the doors and make it easy for the new NeuroRehab reps will allow the new team to establish themselves very quickley then once Levadex is launched the more expeirence team will already have the relationships and will allow for a bigger initial impact for Levadex. Basically RS is planning on exploiting and using the current sales force but they aint telling anyone until Levadex is launched because they need you all for your knowledge and relationships and they don't want to piss the entire sales force off during the transition process so it wont be announced until next year.

So basically what RS and NM are doing is hiring a new Botox sales force, having the current Botox sales force open up all of the doors for the new sales force and help train them, then essentially demote that same sales force to big pharma speciality sampling reps, selling some reformulation of a 60 year old drug. Did'nt any of you guys think it was odd they no managers or NMCs were transfered over to NeuroRehab? Most companies transfer a certain % of their sales force over to the new team when a new division is created. They did that on purpose they did want as few of the longtime Botox people selling it to the office base practices.

This is what RS and NM think of all of you. Two guys that know less about this market than any of the NMCs. They are going to use you for your knowledge and relationships then take Botox away from you. Don't fall for any of their nice guy crap either they're just doing it so you all make it easy for them for their Ocotober meeting, after that they're done with you. They're all about getting themselves promoted as quick as possible they believe this is the best way to do it. Chew you and spit you out, nothing you all can do about it. What a shame.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where is the Oct NSM? Cali?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not know if this is true but it would not shock me if it is. RS and NM are flat out toxic and have destoryed this division. I'm going to give such a second rate half ass effort going forward. I don't care anymore.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just got hired. I am curious where the NSM meeting will be held.
    Thx

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Quality Inn, Compton, CA.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CONFIRMED! This is true, the new sales force will be the Botox sales force moving forward and the long-time Botox reps will first be demoted to Levadex reps then most of them will be let go. RS and NM HATE this team and there goal is to destroy it. They actually used the word destroy at a meeting.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really? Name the meeting.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

a

As bad as changes and growth plan are being percieved, this is just plain negative propaganda. We run a business not some kind of childish vendetta ghetto shop. This isn't Def Jam or Death Row records. For the love of the man above, grow up and focus your energies on what you can control. Get ahold of yourself or come clean on facts of this meeting you were pervy to.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea I'm not sure they said destroy but I heard the longterm plan is to have the new sales force be the Botox reps becuase they do not like the way the old team sells the product and transition the old team into Rx Levadex reps.

That would not shock me at all.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whether or not NM and RS said "destroy" their actions have already destoryed our culture and it's not going to get any better anytime soon.

The changes in comp, counterparts, speaker program metrics, no transparancey, radical change in RD and RM behavior, and countless other actions over the past few months have shown their true colors.

Don't know if CM reps losing Botox is true or not, but it would not shock me at all based on RS and NM track record.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Big picture if true, I think it's a smart move for the organization. Change impacts Growth

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The saying is, "positive change impacts growth". Just change for the sake of change isn't always good, and in this case it is terrible.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I guess you're new. Listen we've hit our number every year without counterparts, just you wait and see how little there will be for you do to when you get into the field, you'll regret taking this job and realize how reckless this expansion is. NM and RS are making this change not for the sake of it, but so when we do hit our #, and we will at some point with Botox becasue its a good product, they will point to this change as to what they did hit their # and it was the reason the franchise grew even though it will have nothing to do with it.

Its like when a rep has a bad year with #'s and the RM comes up with a devlopmental plan for that rep the focuses in on something silly like Profesional Selling skills. The rep then turns it around and has a great year the following year and the RM can say to his boss look what I did with this rep when in reality the PSS had nothing to do with it. The rep got a low base line and did the same exact things the following year that they did the previous year but the #'s just in their favor. The RM has to take some kind of credit becasue that is their "job" in the pharmacetical industry. They do not hire RMs that are smart business people that know how to grow business they look for babysitters who do as they're told and follow a script.

We've all been there we know its a joke and this "expansion" is the same thing just higher up on the corporate heirachy but unlike the PSS example this will negatively effect the working conditions and carreer's of 100's of people instead of just being an obnoxious exchange with bored RM.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rep hired for this new neuroscience sales force told that they are starting them at 100+ base. This can't be true???

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Correct - this can't be true.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Salaries will be 100K+ based on experience. I was a candidate......

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

chronic migraine opening in Albany, NY. is this a good territory? what would total comp be? 150-160k? thanks

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it would not be a good job. The territory is HUGE, the manager is kind of new to Management and a real lemming (read bitch), I think this is the third person she has had to replace and the total comp is NOWHERE near 150k. Even if you did really, really well. Plus the whole division is undergoing massive changeover to a whole new style from the top. It's not a good place to be.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This job is listed as 160k to 200k right now on Gorilla Med. Is this not true? how can he be advertising the job at that range if its nowhere even close. What is managers name?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No not true.