Da Vinci Xi

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2014 at 8:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any idea if you can control the force triad from this robot?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, it is pretty simple. All you will need to do is push the OFF button. Then use the Davinci energy device.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ZING!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This thing looks fucking slick and just like more trouble for conventional laparoscopic device companies. We can hate/deny all we want, but every decent hospital in the US is gonna have one of these by this time next year. Tick, tock....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you think hospitals are goig to dish out $1.5 million-$1.8 million for this?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What makes you think they won't? My customers have already dropped millions on robotic systems, why won't they upgrade to something better? The Intuitive bull has been out of the barn, and wrecking shit, for years now. They're going to run into challenges with reimbursements and "clinical necessity", but robotic surgery is here to stay. As the technology improves, and competitors enter the market, costs will go down and outcomes will be better. The idea that robotic surgery is gonna go away, or become less prominent, is a fantasy.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I never was suggesting it was going away. It's a financial question that is now being addressed across the country and is reflected especially with Intuitive over the last 4 quarters with 6, 32, 23 and potentially 59% decline in systems sold vs same qtr the previous year.

Yes the new thinner robotic arms decrease the risk of interfering with one another etc., etc. but if a hospital has not had any problems is it worth the money? Does the Intuitive rep have the right people in place in the hospital with enough pull to get it into the hospital?

I understand robotics is here and it's been 4 or 5 years since the last upgrade and all but the way things are going with cost cutting measures if they can get the same thing done w/o buying a new robot my thought is they won't right now.

On the other hand the pitch is simple. New robot which is better than the old one you've had for x years. Like a car you at some point need to upgrade. Will you need 1 or 2 so you can market having the newest robot in town?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't disagree. Looking at it logically, the Xi should be a tough sell. However, looking at it historically, logic hasn't seemed to play much of a role in what hospitals are willing to spend on robotics.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No I don't. Just look at the last 3 quarters of performance along with the stock price. As a former ISI rep, it's over. They will implode on their greed.