More cuts by end of 2015

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm up in WHS. We've been hearing there will be 'good news' to move the stock in a positive direction in October. I would think that PD-1 approval is already baked in and I would think separations are baked in (we have more to go from the 10/2013 announcement) so I wonder what it could be.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Expect the selling off of products.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The future of PC is the exit door or low pay. in all companies. If you have a medical background or have are a long specialty DF background you belong in specialty. Biggest mistake of many now PC reps was to accept a PC job as an "good" option. It is not. The PC reps who knew the score left PC for specialty jobs. The others are seemingly nieve.

The view from my perch is the big birds will dominate the landscape!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news regarding elimination of S1, S2 & S3 grade levels for PC sales?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DF rep who went to PC and now out and looking for work. My experience is no company will wants to hire a specialty rep for a Pc job. They are looking for true PC reps only and less experienced for low salary jobs. The market is filled with reps from all the layoff throughout the industry. They have their picks and get exactly what they want. It is not like a few years ago when I was getting recruiters calling on a regular basis. Be very thankful you are still employed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conversely, no company will hire a PC rep for a specialty job. With massive numbers of unemployed pharma reps looking to "get back in", all companies, include CSO's, are very selective.

They want younger reps (they are cheaper), and for specialty positions they want you to have already sold in the specialty you are applying for, as well as to already know the physicians in the territory you are applying for. Yes, they can be that particular! As the above poster stated, "be very happy you are still employed". There is no where to run to...except to another industry, and even then, good luck in this economy with no recovery.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our new snooze med had some strange picks for the specialty offices. Wuz up with some of those just brewed "specialty" (cough. cough. hmmm) managers? Guess they don't know the difference between specialty and other reps cuz they live in a world of make believe themselves!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there any truth to the 5 5 1 rumor? You say PC and hospital groups. Any news on the structure of the Vaccine Group? (we are soo far behind plan for Zostavax for the third years in a row) Thank you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't have to wait until 2015....