Patient monitoring sales position interview

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you have any insight as to how the interview process for the Patient Monitioring sales position is structured? I have an initial interview next week with a corporate recruiter. How many interviews are there if you make it until the end? Is there a panel interview, etc? And before people tell me this company is brutal to work for, I've read the threads and I realize that it might be a tough gig. I've been wanting to get my foot in the door with medical sales for awhile so this might be my chance. Considering I've been a dental rep for quite some time, I'm sure most of you will understand :) The company I'm with would hire you if you just had a pulse, so I'm assuming this process will be a lot more cumbersome.

Any insight on salary, expenses, how the commission plan is structured, etc would be greatly appreciated as well. I almost forgot that the position is in CA if that makes a difference. Thank you all very much for your help!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some good questions to ask...How is quota derived? How has reporting actual sales to the reps been? Has it been accurate? Have job titles and or duties changed much in the last 24 months?
    Why would I want to come to this division? How many reps have left in the last 24 months verses the 24 months prior? What has the average seniority been for the last 5 years?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry, you are perfect for them.. Someone who wants to get into medical sales and will work for less, work longer hours and spit out the company mktg mantra's.. Just be prepared for a PIP if you don't hit your number in first year( it will be unrealistic anyway)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, I want to get into medical but never said for less money. I definitely won't sell myself short. Anyways, thanks for the insight.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW, can you say implosion? I hope you didn't buy the BS they sold you for this job, cause this ship has sailed. Patient monitoring-I bet you don't exist in 36 months, maybe less.