More cuts by end of 2015

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Aug 27, 2014 at 1:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi all, Just received my last separation package from Merck. There are two main things I'd like to pass on to all of my friends still at the company. 1. It clearly states that there will be more cuts by the end of 2015. It doesn't specify where they will come from, but they were part of the announcement on 1 Oct. 2013. 2. There are 3 pages of information in the Separation Package dedicated to the RE-BADGING of employees. If you do not know what this means you should ask your CTL. Basically you will be placed under contract and may or may not work for Merck any longer. The Separation benefits are greatly diminished under this scenario. Additionally there is a ten minute video for those displaced this round that addresses the Re-Badged employee. This term was introduced into the Separation package language about two years ago when the policy was updated.
    Just some friendly information from your Uncle Bill

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info uncle Bill! Most are hanging on until doomsday. In the interim, take your fat check and run from this hell hole.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard earlier. I am finding it impossible to land a job. We don't need more competition!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got the package as well and none of this is true. Sour grapes at best?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There may be layoffs coming for you guys but my package didn't say this either. Merck is a solid company that I would love to work for again. Hopefully some reps will leave and open an opportunity for me.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More cuts or no more cuts? What a difference a two letter word can make. As for Merck being a solid company, I have my doubts. I hope you're right but I am not so sure. As such, I have no desire whatsoever if given the chance, to return to any Merck employment. My personal Merck experience gave me no reason to have confidence in the company's future. But I do hope you're right.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know there is always one person on here being the jackass. Here is your sour grapes.
    In the Separation Benefits packet, page 1 second paragraph states Eligibility for "Rebadged Employees." "If you are deemed by the employer to be a rebadged employee you MAY receive Separation Pay (at the level applicable to a Rebadged Employee) but you are not eligible for Separation Benefits or Outplacement Benefits." At the bottom of page 12 paragraph states "Rebadged Employees." It continues for a page and a half.
    Also as stated in the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act Disclosure, "on Oct 1, 2013 the company announced a global initiative to further sharpen it's commercial and research and development focus and improve operational effectiveness. The global initiative is anticipated to result in an overall headcount reduction by the END of 2015 of about 20% from the level at the time of the announcement."
    So my friends there are more cuts coming, but I do not know what divisions will be hit. My guess is hospital could be one of them.

BTW also included in this packet is a disclosure of how many hand raiser there were. "Sales Representatives The request of 185 employees to be selected for voluntary separation were approved." 185 People loved this company so much they decided to take a package and leave. What does that tell you? The culture SUCKS!
    Just some helpful advice from your Uncle Bill

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will Hospital and Vaccine Groups have tha ability to raise their hands in this next round of cuts?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Uncle Bill,
    Just want you to know your comments and posts are always appreciated by those of us here who view their employer with at least a slightly jaundiced eye. :)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I noticed a lot of cut people were already placed again. I keep sending in my resume but nothing yet. It sure does seem like you need a dose of fairy dust to back get in, now anyway. Rough times for those of us who did not deserve to be cut. Still stunned.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you f--king retarded?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hush yo mouth. The poster is probably amongst those who should not have been cut. They are out there. It can be seen by the official separation documents that many have been un-displaced. Nuff said.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you are as retarded as the last one. At Merck, you see what they want you to see and none of it is the whole truth. Remove your head from your arse.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The separation documents were in the finest of microscopic print!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad I had a high powered magnifier to read the info on who was cut and who retained or placed someplace else.

Now, why would they want it to be so fuzzy? Got me puzzled.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get all stirred up on seeking a position with Merck. I am busy in UG - on Labor Day - making additional separation lists that will be used in early October. We are going to remove an additional 1200 sales jobs.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your in UG preparing the list, please share which area of sales will be hit.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

total hospital and PC

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any reps who were specialty then tossed into PC should have have retained a personal inside spy for career direction. Disasterous to have a strong specialty background and step down into PC. The truth of this is playing out!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where exactly were we supposed to go? There are/were no openings elsewhere. It's the ever-shrinking company.