Pre-Employment Drug Screen

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by Anonymous, Sep 30, 2010 at 7:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi everyone. I'm an MBA student, and unexpectedly landed an interview with J&J for a brand management position. I'm not a regular drug user by any means, but I was at a reunion party with some high school friends last weekend and I smoked a blunt. If J&J does urine testing, I'll be fine. If they do hair testing, I'm screwed. So what's the verdict? What type of testing do they do?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They give a proctology test.
    After you are hired it seems like you get this same exam weekly.
    Take my advice, don't work here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate your advice, but that doesn't answer my question.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They'll offer you a joint and see if you take a hit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry about it now. The chances you'll get an offer in brand management just because you got an interview is pretty slim. Don't get ahead of yourself.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Urine if any at all.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends what they are testing. Usually marijuana will show up on a urine test. Cocaine is a hair test.

Before, tell them your RX drugs. But I can bet the test will show the joint you smoked.

8. PSUTU82

PSUTU82 Guest

No, if you're not a regular smoker, it's undetectable in urine in a few days. I bought a home urine test to be on the safe side, and it came back negative. I'm just worried about hair. That's in your hair permanently until it grows out and/or falls out. If J&J does a hair test, I'm screwed. So if that's what they do, I'm going to turn down the interview to save myself the embarrassment. Can someone please confirm that J&J definitely does a hair test?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry. Definitely just urine.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not true, they are now also doing random hair tests. A friend lost out on a position because of this.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't gotten a job anywhere in a major corporation, injcluding J&J, where they did not do a urine test. I never had to give a hair sample.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shave your head eyebrows, eyelashes dummy

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a urine screening and you will likely only have to do it if you are offered the position so you have some time before you have to worry about it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did our pot smoking friend get the job?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, they hired him. Unfortunately he forgot to show up for a week and was fired...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You think YOU have problems? Man, what about me? I was at an orgy with your mom last week, and now I have to do my STD screening. Damn, after being with her it might light up like a Christmas tree!

18. Don't worry about a hair test. If, as you say, you only had that one blunt, the amount of THC that may show up in your hair will be way under the cut-off level. Hair testing will only detect THC in someone who uses more regularly.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will do a urine test and, while you've got your drawers down, also collect a pubic hair.

20. #20 Anonymous, May 5, 2015 at 9:53 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi everyone! I've also got an interview with J&J and I'm really worried because I smoked regularly for 2 months straight before I quit this week.
    Two questions:
    1) They would not drug test you during your initial interview, correct? They would only test you after you've got the position, like a week later, etc.?
    2) The obvious question... HAIR or URINE? (Or even blood tests?) Can anyone speak from experience what they do?