Raise Gas Reimbursement or Strike

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by Anonymous, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone in favor of a work strike until Publicis raises the gas reimbursement? Gas is the cost of doing business and rising gas prices should not be the burden of the rep. Publicis would be sure to listen if all the reps on every contract stayed home. $.14 per mile is not cutting it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

we do need a raise in the gas reimbursement. I'm at almost a loss on gas now.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just add a few more miles, little by little.

Its too bad we are not on paper, because I would make 16-20 calls in one day and then take care of business on the back end.

Micromanagement is a bitch.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you must only get .14 cents because you get a 500 a month car allowance on Merck contract we have no allowance and we get .45 a mile

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you take the diff what the gov gives you per mile and subtract that from your total at 14 cents. then subtract your 500 per month and give the info to your acct for tax purpose.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that saves you what, 100 dollars?

And it opens up a can of worms with the IRS.

If you are gonna do it, you better save all receipts.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just fake half your calls. I've done it since day one. It doesn't matter. It's all just a stupid game.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, lets say you drive 1000 miles a month, you would receive $500 + $140 (.14 a mile) That is $640 or actual reimbursement of .64 per mile which is way above the normal reimbursement of $.49 a mile.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i say you strike. see how it goes for ya. dipshit.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just give your acct your monthly exp reports. let them do the math. do i need to make your calls for you as well?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Instead of paying the account 200 bucks, do your own taxes.

What do you "save" with your strategy anyway?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The party is over.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well I guess our threats worked. Publicis has raised our gas reimbursement a whole penny per mile!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gee I will try not to spend it all on one thing................

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL!! I'm spending that and more to pay for gas so I can work.

But no joking this reimbursement is too low

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am having to think twice about targets that are farthest in my territory. I will continue to do a good job, but it is a shame that is one more thing I have to factor in my call planning. How can I maximize sales while minimize driving?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop calling on them!
    We are getting a shit bonus, so there is no reason to go out of your way to call on these "targets" that are so far away that YOU will be losing money.

Grow up.

These companies use the hell out of us. I wouldn't mind if it was a desk job, with no drive, just paper shuffling. but, in sales, you have to bust your ass. And if they don't want to give us a fair gas price, then make adjustments.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you creampuffs at it again...?

do spend it on one thing.... gas.

better still. strike....comedian....strike..

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fake most of my calls, I get a few quick sigs then call it a day. Why go out of your way, when Pfizer doesn't appreciate us anyway.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who cares if they don't appreciate us, they pay us to do a job, and you should do that. Faking calls is not smart.