Layoff News/Leadership/Future - All Here

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, Mar 17, 2015 at 12:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As an HO employee privy to some info, the following are my thoughts. DSI is in trouble. Period. There are lean times ahead. The company will survive, but at what cost? And what will the future really be like? Folks – look at what is happening now. Here are the issues: Our New leadership APPOINTING positions. Bad Regional Management; Horrific District Management (I’ll get to this later). Pathetic pipeline. Sad Culture.

Starting with new leadership, I do think KK has it in him to change some things for the better. But not by much – Joe Peroni and “the days of Joe Peroni” are long gone. Yes, Benicar did take off and put us on the map, but times are different. You think our reps were that good? Newsflash – you get the things you want when you pay doctors! Too many of our old regime reps have this false sense of achievement and talent – and they are seeing this now when they can’t sell a drug without buying off HCP’s through Pod programs. RL is NOT off to a good start as KK’s right hand. He should spend more time fixing this broke-ass company and less time finding young reps who want to sleep their way to the top (Hint Hint – Orlando. Yes, everyone saw you and your ways).

But appointing positions with no legit (keyword: legit) interviews? Come on KK and RL! 2 RD’s in the NE? One Specialty RD now in the South? And this fiasco with promoting very-little-talent PC Reps into HOS positions? You are encouraging people to pack it in, fellas! Get off your high horse because you came from Amgen – trust me – the experienced reps are leaving in droves. Especially in the next few weeks. They are smart. You will be left with scrap metal if you keep alienating people.

Next onto Management. The whole world up here knew LC needed to go. It was a long time coming. BM getting canned was needed too. And his old guard is about gone – but the justification of promoting some of these DM’s into their current roles has been a head scratcher for some time. For example, let’s look at the South. The South is where we really see and hear about weaknesses, insufficiency and problems. Having LT move back to the Central hurts the South as CB has his own agenda. And CB’s management underneath him is going to feel the burn. SG, new Tampa CV DM, is probably the company’s biggest Idiot. He was horrific when he was in the NE. The complaints coming in about him are fascinating. His name may rhyme with “Pal”, but his future here is NILL. There is BW (or WW if you go by formal name), PC DM out of Tallahassee, that has an IQ of 3 and literally needs Hooked on Phonics to learn how to speak. SC in Atlanta and the ABM HH – yeah, that’s what you get when you check the box. The only thing worse than losing all of your reps (SC) is being an ABM and not getting promoted in what seems like a decade. And then there is KA out of Jacksonville. Wow, the complaints and documentation about this “Belly” are out of this world. She’s ANOTHER lawsuit waiting to happen. Investigation is on-going. It’s amazing how some of these no-talent idiots last as long as she has. But when you drive to one of your rep’s homes when they are on disability to check on them, you can pretty much guarantee you are a GONER. NG, also out of ATL, used to be a golden child. Now it seems she can’t play for a D-Squad. Don’t mean to pick on the South, but I figured the NE has been taking it on the chin with this LC crap and the West is about to be butchered – that I would just give you a sample of what we know is going on up here.

And our pipeline? Nothing. Pain Management excites reps as much as genital warts. “lyrica type drug”? Come on KK, another ME-TOO drug? Yikes. Oncology was and is a total disaster. Savaysa is a DOG people. The data is not that bad. But for you all that bought into all the Cherry Kool-Aid in Orlando, wake up! This DOG will never replace Benicar. We have no Managed Care. And MM is about to get WHACKED! You are only told what OUR study groups say about Savaysa. Did you ever think what Eliquis’ study groups say about Savaysa? Again, wake up! The only smart reps are getting out now. Many blockbuster drugs are being launched soon so why on earth will any of us stick around to bust our humps only to be passed over for APPOINTED POSITIONS, to be lead by INCOMPETANT MANGEMENT to sell DOG drugs that would secretly make you wish you’d rather have a “burning sensation”?

Face the music, DSI. The fat lady is singing…

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awesome! Quite entertaining and insightful.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight into the central region

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yikes. Is it that bad...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone needs to take out the trash and it should start with(hint hint orlando). If you want to know what Rl thinking just roll her over and ask. She's out for blood.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you really want to take out trash. Start with KD in Chicago. He just stinks up the place.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the honesty. It is going to be ugly here for a long time ! Get out now while you can.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about RL ATL specialty. Jeez.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great post. I'm a HO'er as well, but I come from a different function. I believe KK is a good leader and will make a lot of good decisions but here are the problems that he will have to overcome:

1. DS Tokyo has very little cash. This means that we don't have the resources to make any significant BD deals. Sure, we can do small deals like CL-108, Ambit, and copromotes where we are the junior partner, but nothing to really fill the Benicar and Welchol revenue gaps.

2. Edison is truly the worst R&D organization in the industry. They screwed up Effient and Savaysa, wasted billions on oncology with no return, and routinely make stupid resource allocation decisions.

3. All of the good folks are leaving, in sales and HO. About 70-80% of HO employees are hoping for layoff packages on Monday since they are going to be gone soon anyway. And worse, no good people want to join the team except for a few Amgen people that are being promised riches and fame.

4. KK's #2 is having a raging mid-life crisis and chasing around any pretty girl he sees in the field or in the HO. And the fact that he is so overt about it means there is a major lawsuit just around the corner.

So yes, get out as soon as possible. DSI is already done.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

moron, you aren't privy to anything other than your mom's under pants. read what you wrote, so our reps weren't that good on benicar but we're losing all of our good reps? well how in the hell can you tell who's good if reps had nothing to do with it, oh wait, it's your opinion. someone who's accomplished nothing, never gets promoted, never runs anything but somehow you know better then others, what a moron you are

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I left DSI om 1/5/15. Goddamn am I happy!!! Good luck with the slaughtering!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I got out of DSI and pharma all together March of last year. I started my new April 1st, 2014.

Good luck everyone.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Bill M. for your update. What are you doing now?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Couldn't agree more. Show his ass the door. He is one of the most negative people out there and does nothing for the future of DSI. Ken=pharma trash

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ringling brothers circus

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could NOT agree more and take his hire JC with you!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Showing up at reps house while they're on disability?! How's that DM still employed?! I guess work/life balance is gone.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding? What does it take to get fired at this company? Sounds like a DM in the south could set a rep on fire and still keep their job??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to appreciate my personal time with my DM.