2014 Reorganization Announcement

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cluster 1, once the most pompous of our clusters, is about to find out what the reality is for tenured Pfizer field force members.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's called being at the bottom of the food chain- a concept that has existed since the beginning of time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the plan with C1 DSRs/TSRs?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That my friend is the million dollar question we've all been asking. So ask not what answers CP can give, but ask what ideas you can share with CP community.

Caution, most people on here think you or I will be cut not them. I think the cuts are down to 1 in 20 by some peoples reckoning.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No more solid severance check any more. You get small checks every two weeks and the total amount is much smaller. Those who were laid off in 2008 got the good layoff package, which is now history.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The hilarious thing is even though people are at the bottom of the food chain and are constantly abused by the rich, they still vote Republican. Natural selection at work.....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are middle class I don't believe either are your friends.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Class warfare at its best. I think you need to wake up. Look at Pelosi steering business to her husband, Reid trying to oust cattle ranchers so he can make huge bucks on a wind farm, nevermind how he has become a multi-millionaire in office vs. when he first entered. How does one do that? Of and let's not forget our fearless and clueless leader. Plays more rounds of golf then any PREZ ever, takes his vacations all over the world, like 3 weeks for x-mas in Hawaii. Most Presidents would use their own home or Camp David. Oh no, not the Big O.

Your DEMS say one thing and do another. Peel back the onion vs. listening to the rhetoric.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IF there's to be layoffs esp cluster 1 like in Oct. when will the WARN act be in force? And why haven't we been notified if this is true? I must be a total idiot. Please help me understand.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WARN goes out only if greater than 50 employees in each individual state.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The WARN Act will apply, regardless of how many are affected in each state. Pfizer is Pfucked up but not stupid enough to mess with this. Easier to just pay all affected.

Federal Requirements

The WARN Act requires most employers with 100 or more employees to provide employees, bargaining representatives of the employees (i.e., unions), and specific government agencies at least 60 days' notice of any plant closing and mass layoff. Generally, the WARN Act covers employers with 100 or more employees, not including:

employees who have worked less than six (6) months in the last 12 months, and
    employees who work an average of less than 20 hours a week.
    Employers must provide the WARN notice to all employees, including managers and supervisors. An employer must provide the required notice when it closes a plant or effectuates a mass layoff. The number of affected workers is the total number laid off during a 30‑day (or in some cases 90‑day) period.

A plant closing includes:

the closing of a facility for more than six (6) months,
    the shut down of an operating unit for more than six (6) months, or
    when 50 or more employees are laid off during any 30‑day period at a single location.
    A mass layoff occurs when a layoff, lasting at least six months, affects either:

500 or more workers, or
    at least 33% of the workforce when the layoff affects between 50 and 499 workers.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are clueless. Why would you post this when you obviously have no clue. W

Warn will begin abt 3 or 4 weeks after you're notified your downsizing. A cc will be scheduled to lay out time lines.

Couple things you should know based on last layoff:

After your severance begins you aren't allowed to return to Pfizer till it runs out. So if your severance runs till June but a Pfizer position opens in April you aren't allowed to apply.

If you're placed in a job and you accept, you aren't allowed to apply for another position for 1 year. (This isn't always enforced).

A company will pick your car, comp, ipad and cords up within 2 weeks of the severance package conference call. You get to keep the printer.

The company will provide career assistance as part of severance package. Basically they'll help w resume.

Benefits will continue till end of severance. Then cobra is available but itll cost about $1800 per month.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People....I think many of us wi be surprised when we see how small this layoff is. Now to be honest if I get axed it won't seem so small. However in the grand scheme this will be small so don't stress it over the next month....most of us will still be here...atleast i hope!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are a pharma rep these days who lives beyond their means and buys shit like they make more than they do then I feel for you! So many reps out there with the nicest clothes, purses, designer crap. I have news for you - you're gonna have to stop your spending addiction that is usually caused by trying to impress others with a bunch of shit you can't afford! I've heard a very well known financial guy say many times "Act your wage!" You know who you are and if you're let go on 10/22 I feel for you. If you're not let go, you may want to consider starting to "act your wage!"

Best move I've made was learning to live on $60,000 because I knew if the ax man comes knocking and I jumped to another pharma company that's what I would be making.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dave R. is great. His philosophy is so simple yet so hard for many. Congrats on the lifestyle choices you've made. I hope they lead to the future lifestyle you're working towards.

Hard to believe my future is in the hands of ZS and a computer program. Shame on me for letting it get to this point. If I survive these cuts, I hope to grow a pair and leave this industry.