Cluster 1 October Layoffs TO BE MASSIVE !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who else is nervous? I got a bad feeling about this round of pink slips.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cluster 1 October Layoffs TO BE MASSIVE !!!!!!!! Thats what she said

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. Nada. We will merge/buy either AZ or actavis, keep our reps, get rid of theirs. We are Phizer. Remember Wyeth, etc.? Most of us survived. Rest easy.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

October starts next week. Do you really think a merger is going to happen overnight. Wyeth's takeover took almost a year to complete. Most acquisitions take a long time to clear regulatory hurdles, etc. This layoff will be long over before any merger is completed (or announced). ZS already has the plan in place. No acquisition will change anything at this point.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True! We will not be saved by some acquisition!
    Everyone should be prepared for the worst.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Layoffs in C1 will not be evenly distributed. Low access areas in the Northeast, WI/MN and California will see a much bigger reduction in headcount. ZS Associates has the headcount maps done.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its official. I heard it from my manager at POA Oct 22nd is the official notification day.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whew, well that's a relief .. Oct 1st seemed to be the day everyone thought.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just in time for the holiday season. Nothing like a nice Thanksgiving dinner with family when you're being laid off. Got to love Pfizer (and everyone else) who does this. Good luck to all. If you make it through please use the time here to find another job/career. You know it will be just a matter of time before you go through it again(unfortunately). The industry is in a slow death spiral.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I laugh when I hear about "low access areas"! My area is considered to be "high access", but in reality it's not. We just lie about calls!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The slide said ~11% less than the 2014 budgeted positions. If we have a 30% vacancy rate now, then there should be zero cuts and an approximate 19% hiring rate to fill in the vacancies for 2015.

obviously they either lied or f*cked up the powerpoint slide, because you know they will decimate cluster 1. They plan on cutting 27% of the DBMs.

I wonder why anyone would want to be a DBM here? They always cut them at a higher rate than reps.

Then they pull the bullsh*t of rehiring for the same rep positions they just cut. My only theory is the short term stock manipulation game so the ELT can cash in on the artificially pumped up share prices of their ripened RSUs or stock options.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The slide was clear. It's 11% on top of the current vacancies.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone realize that it's cluster 3 that's going to be decimated? We have about 240 reps and they're taking us to less than 100. I think the conference call said 63 or 68? There's your 11%. My guess is that many of us who we're retained in the last go around are still bitter that C1 wasn't touched so they're spewing that C1 will layoffs will be "massive." Face it, C1 is where the cash cow Lyrica is. We're in for a bumpy ride cluster 3!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

~11% for reps
    at DM level in the 20%+ range
    Even higher for RM'S

The only ones safe are the ones making the decisions.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company always talks "national" figures. 20% with the last go round nationally translated to about 40-50% for the Lipitor group.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster is correct.. ANY JOB in this economy is a good job and any job provides self worth. Or we could be at home sleeping in and watching Jerry Springer and collecting the following: Free section 8 housing, an Obama Phone, SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, free winter jackets for the kids, free heating assistance........hummmm so this is why SO many FIGHT so hard to stay on welfare.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

+1

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These freeloaders/ parasites represent 47% of the population with more arriving every day

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10/1 has come and gone....I'm still here til next round

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ibid.