Anyone work for Zila?

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Mar 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with your stock:

Meanwhile, Zila’s stock dipped below $1 per share, setting off warnings from Nasdaq that it would be delisted if it did not keep its share price above $1 for 10 consecutive business days. As a last-ditch effort, the company issued a 1-for-7 reverse stock split Sept. 17, which helped it meet that requirement.

However, on Friday, the stock was trading between 32 cents and 77 cents a share. It landed at 53 cents at market close.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know a Zila from a xylophone. I've never worked there, but I do find this thread amusing. Anyway the person who wrote the above obviously doesn't have any real world corporate experience. This type of shit happens all the time and hardly ever does anyone get fired for it.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look peeps, anyone with half a brain knows not to go to work for ZILA!! The management team is miserable, the company is on the brinks, and the reps all hate their jobs!! Everyone of them would jump ship if the economy wasn't in the state it is in!! If you want to hate your life, sign up with Zila!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true! company sucks, management sucks, products suck, goals are so high no one can get shit!
    Great company ah!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Zila as a territory rep and I have been with this company long enough to know that this job is what you make it. YOU choose what you want to be. If you do not have a strong work ethic and passion for the message that we are communicating then this is definitely NOT the company for you.

I happen to have a great manager that has many years of experience in the dental industry. I have never felt that I was being "micro managed". Usually if someone feels that they are being micro managed,there is just cause for the manager to do so. It is called....... abusing your priviledge of having a flexible schedule, not producing sales and cheating the company.

For those that are speaking of the current financial struggles of the company and actually are former employees....I suggest you take an honest look at your own dedication and performance and take some responsibility for what obviously DID NOT happen while you were in your territory. Because of YOUR lack of commitment and dedication you have put my company, my job and my customers at risk. C'mon.....be honest with yourself!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a typical, corporate tool. Spewing the company bullshit, until he is shit canned for no reason or because management ran the company into the ground. What a fucking loser.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Corporate tool? How about corporate itself. This is management talk. It's probably Jeff M. What else does he have to do except troll message boards?

If things are so great and reps are so happy why have we lost 70 reps? We're approaching 100% turnover in the field. I think the person who said: "Everyone of them would jump ship if the economy wasn't in the state it is in!!" Hit the nail on the head. Everyone is looking, but can't just leave.

Can't argue against the facts....

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hahaha!!! Sounds like that "Rep" has a bunch of shit on their nose...He/She is probably a Manager. Get a life!!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever said all that BS this morning at 10am is an idiot! You must be wrapped around JM's little finger or completely naive. What will you do when he leaves? I hear he's on the chopping block after his boss got fired. You must not have any business sense to see that Zila=Titanic. Just to clarify, the Titanic after it hit the iceberg! They do in fact have the highest turnover than any company I have ever heard of. All the good reps left. Those ones who stayed fall into 1 or more of the following categories: they're 22 and this is their first job & $40k a year sounds good, they dont have a college degree (aquired from Prodentec most likely), they can't find a job because they have no sales talent/success, or the company has them brainwashed & they think things will get better. Wake up or you'll be unemployed or sold off to another company!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...to the person that calls me an idiot....FYI I do have a 4 year degree. Just because someone has a degree it does not make them a success or an expert. Hard work, dedication and passion for what you are doing absolutely does. That is what makes success. Just because I have a degree doesn't automatically make me a success story.

I don't blame anyone for what happens in my territory. I take full responsibility. I am not wrapped around anyone's finger. I have a family to support and that drives me to be the best I can every day.

I looked at this board because another rep told me about the slanderous comments and all of the negative comments about this company. I came on to post a somewhat positive response because I am not as unhappy as you people that obviously visit this site quite frequently. I do believe in the cause. If that makes me an idiot....well so be it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hmmmm...interesting that postings are being deleted-anyone else notice that? Zila doesn't want the truth out there on what a horrible company to work for they are. I have to disagree completely with the "happy rep"- I am a former Zila rep and I tried to make the best of a bad situation. Management made me miserable and I was always hitting goals and doing my job very well. In theory, Vizilite is a good product, just not enough clinical studies to do what we say it does. The company will fail-and it is not the fault of the reps as they try to say. Zila has made bad decisions and are trying to point fingers at what is really going wrong.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Absolute worse company, don't even consider it. Bad move.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

worst company is an understatement!! almost the entire sales force has quit in the last 6-8 months..Management is beyond horrible!! if you enjoy being micromanaged the come on in...the one manager will call your accounts to see if you were really in there. and want you to do so much useless paper work..
    i rather be unemployed then work another day at zila!!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enough said:

Study questions effectiveness of oral cancer detection devices
    9/30/2008
    By: Rabia Mughal, Assistant Editor

Clinicians should rely on oral exams, specialty referrals, and tissue biopsies to best diagnose premalignant and malignant oral lesions because there isn't enough data to prove that adjunctive cancer detection devices are effective in a general practice setting, according to a recent study in the Journal of the American Dental Association (JADA, July 2008, Vol. 138:7, pp. 896-905).

There is an ongoing debate in the dental community about the utility of these devices in the early detection of oral cancer. But the manufacturers of these products stand by them and contend that the JADA study is too limited in its scope.

In the JADA literature review, the authors searched for articles on PubMed, ISI Web of Science, and the Cochrane Library from January 1966 through February 2008 that evaluated the effectiveness of toluidine blue (TB), ViziLite Plus with TBlue, ViziLite, Microlux DL, Orascoptic DK, VELscope, and the OralCDx brush biopsy. Ultimately, they short-listed 23 studies that met their criteria.

In particular, they included studies that reported histologic confirmation of lesions identified by adjunctive techniques, or those that allowed calculation of the test's accuracy compared with tissue biopsy.

The researchers looked at study design, sampling, and characteristics of the study group; interventions and reported lesion diagnostic outcomes; information about the clinical setting (mucosal disease or cancer center clinic or a general practice); and subjects' presumed oral cancer risk.

"We gave each article a summary quality score by means of assessing a priori identified important attributes of the study that may have led to bias in interpretation of results," the authors wrote.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zila get a big f*@% you for the way they treat there reps but a big high five for the experience that the reps get and how quickly they can move. All in all, not a bad move for someone looking to get into the industry-if you have experience-DO NOT take the job!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is going down.
    Managers are horrible, some more than others.
    JM is a joke, hope he gets canned, SOOON at least that will make the sales force happy.
    not a good move if you want to work at this company now.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

how do you know this? do you have inside info? do you know JM personally?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know he's a worthless piece of sh*t! That's no lie.

BTW:
    ViziLite's promoters would like you to believe that the risk of getting oral cancer is high and that all adults should undergo annual screening with ViziLite Plus. The key question, however, is how often such screening will find precancerous changes in the mucous membranes not visible with the naked eye that, if found, would lead to increased survival. As far as I can tell, the answer is "not often enough to make the test worthwhile.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know him as the VP of sales, more personal than that I wouldn't be interested.
    He sucks.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Its true, postings were deleted.
    they talked about the situation of this company.
    it probably got someone upset.
    truth hurts peeps, truth hurts..